Chapter 39

I skipped school the next day as well so I was sitting at home doing homework to catch up on.

"Elena?" I heard Sam.

"Fuck," I muttered and sighed.

I got out of bed and walked into the livingroom. He set his keys down and raised an eyebrow at me.

"What are you doing home?" He asked.

"Doing homework."

"Its 1pm, El, you should be at school. Blake called me at work and said Dal asked him why he didn't see you in first period so he asked your friends and they said they hadn't seen you yesterday or today."

"Okay? So I skipped." I shrugged.

"Elena you can't skip." Sam sighed. "Get your bag im taking you to school."

"No." I rolled my eyes. "I got in a fight with Austin I don't want to go."

"Getting in a fight with your boyfriend doesn't mean you get to stay home." He laughed. "Im serious Im taking you to school."

"No you aren't." I snapped. "Im not fucking going, Sam. Go back to work."

"What's your issue?" He scoffed.

"Im not going. That's the end of it so leave me the hell alone. I'm 17 and can take care of myself I don't need you and Blake."

He stared at me then glanced away, "do you know how much Blake and I try to do for you? Blake and I can't sleep without knowing where you are-"

"Because you're nosy!" I yelled at him.

"Because we fucking care, Elena!" He yelled back. "If Blake is out all night the first thing he asks about when he comes home is if you ate dinner or if you seemed upset over anything that night." He shouted. "You think him and I do this shit to spite you but-"

"You do do it to spite me don't even give me that shit." I rolled my eyes. "You're overprotective and bossy. You rather control my every move than let me be a normal teenage girl."

"So what? You want us to just be the roof over your head? Never talk to you, give you money or a ride, never feed you or wonder how you're doing?"

"I want you guys to stop treating me like a baby." I crossed my arms. "And try being supportive for once."

"When have we never not been supportive!?" He yelled. "That's all we are, Elena!"

"You wouldn't let me breathe when I dated Dallas!" I yelled back. "You hated him!"

"Because he's a dick and wasn't good for you. Cheated on you with any girl he came across." He snapped. "Of course we'd want someone better for you!"

"Well its none of your damn business so fucking leave it. It would be so great if I could just get one day where you and Blake didn't open your big ass mouths and have some shit to say about my personal life, okay? Worry about yourselves because I don't need you two." I went to my room and slammed my bedroom door.

-

I woke up the next morning still not ready to go to school. I wanted to see Austin and my friends though but I didn't want to find out if Austin was still mad at me or not.

I was expecting Blake to come into my room to rush me out of the house but usual but I heard his car start so I looked out the window and he was leaving. I let out a huff and closed my curtain, then laid back down and went back to sleep.

Later in the day there was a knock on the door so I went to open it. Austin was standing there. I stared at him then opened the door to let him in.

"You haven't been at school." He stuffed his hands in his pockets. "Why not?"

"I don't like school." I shrugged my shoulders. "What are you doing here?"

He looked at me the scoffed and chuckled, "I can't see my girl?"

"Last time I saw you you yelled at me as if I could control my ex boyfriend." I glanced away from him. "Then told me to go sit with him?"

"I know I'm sorry I was just mad." He sighed. I stared at him but didn't say anything. "I asked your brother why you weren't at school and he said 'I don't know and really don't care' which I thought was odd since you told me he's really protective and stuff."

"I know I pissed them off by telling them to leave me alone."

"Are you gonna go to school tomorrow?" He asked me. "I miss seeing you every day."

I smiled a little and wrapped my arms around his torso, "you're cute."

He chuckled and kissed my head, pulling me in closer. "So that a yes?"

"If Blake doesn't leave without me again." I looked up at Austin.

"I'll pick you up how's that?" He wiped the hair from my eyes. "Sound good?"

"Yeah," I kissed his lips. "Fine I'll go to school."

"Thank you, darlin'." He kissed me again then turned and walked down the hall to my bedroom.

"Your brothers aren't home?" He glanced at me.

"I guess not." I chuckled and closed my door. "Why?"

He looked at me and rolled his eyes, "'why'?" He mocked.

I giggled and walked to him, unbuttoning the flannel he had on. He tilted my chin up and kissed me. I let the shirt fall to the ground and we sat on my bed, me on his lap straddling him.

He slid his hands up the back of my shirt and unclipped my bra. I pulled away from his lips and pulled the shirt over my head and let my bra fall to the ground as well.

He stared at me for a moment and his lips curled up into a smirk so I laughed and rolled my eyes, pulling his lips to mine. His hands wandered up my body and his lips wandered down. I buried my hands in his hair and closed my eyes.