16| another day another death

-play this song^ when the * shows up below to make your reading experience better.
________________________

November 2, 2017

Danielle Scott

"You look awful."

That's the first thing that comes out of her mouth.

"Gee thanks. I can always count on you to relentlessly point out the negative." I hit her back sarcastically.

"Your welcome." She spits back at me sarcastically as soon as I enter the kitchen. "The dishes need to be done before you leave."

Aunt Beth came back home last night.

Yay!!!

Note the sarcasm..

She furrows her eyebrows without removing her stare from her laptop. So far, this exact scenario repeats every morning. She types away on her laptop, working as always, too busy to even glance over at me and kindly greet me before asking me to do things.

"Yeah, i'll get them done." I go silent squirting some dish soap onto the dry sponge and wetting it, ready to begin the chore.

"Are you over your attention-getting, depressed-teenager phase yet? Cause it's been a pretty long time now since you lost your family, and i'm pretty sure they aren't coming back even you keep crying for them." She suddenly speaks up taking me off guard.

My blood boils in an instant and I throw the sponge into the sink

My blood boils in an instant and I throw the sponge into the sink. I angrily turn off the sink faucet and grab a dry rag to dry my hands as I walk over to her at a quick pace.

"You know what?

"You know what? ..unless you've crawled inside someone's skin and felt the words that claw away at their throat and suffocate them during the night.. you have no right to tell anyone to get over such things or that they shouldn't be upset over them! You have no fucking clue what losing your loved ones even feels like.. you heartless, stone cold bitch. You're happy that my parent's are dead and you always have been. I don't know how you have the audacity to even say the things you do. You're real embarrassing Aunt Beth. I feel sorry for you." I call her by her first name for the first time since i've lived with her and she stays quiet before speaking up between clenched teeth.