21| infinity and beyond

-play this song^ when the * shows up below to make your reading experience better.
______________________________

January 31, 2018
(Thursday)

Danielle Scott

It's been almost three months since I came home from the hospital and my mental health has been doing relatively better than it had been doing three months ago.

That's for sure.

I've been doing better and Harry has definitely kept up with my progress. He's been there every step of the way trying to keep me busy as I focus on my music and on adventuring with him so that I could keep my mind off of things that mess me up mentally and emotionally. He makes me channel everything I feel during those low moments into a song or into just some verses that I keep for ideas in the near future.

He's truly amazing.

To thank him for all that, I planned a little adventurous getaway vacation to celebrate his 18th birthday.

I know he took me out and we did something simple and small for my 17th birthday but that's because he respected the fact that I didn't want to celebrate it. Harry, on the other hand, doesn't mind if we celebrate or not so i'm taking it as a green light to do something special for him.

I organized a small adventurous vacation to Los Angeles where Harry always talked about visiting. Neither of us have actually explored any cities outside of our reach so this is our time.

The first stop we're going to make is my hometown New York City by car. Harry doesn't know that yet. He only knows that we're going to LA.

It's been almost a year and a half since I last visited. It's also been awhile since Harry visited after Cherry died, so I think it's only fair we start there. Besides, i'm going to show Harry around where I grew up. Then, we'll fly out to LA.

I finish packing all my stuff for one week's worth at most. Then, I text Harry to let him know I was almost done and i'd be on my way to pick him up. I gather my wallet and phone into my purse and grab the car keys in hand as I exit my Aunt's house.

I throw everything in the backseat of Harry's car and drive to pick him up.

Soon enough, I arrive and honk so he comes outside.

His mom still hasn't come back from London, but she's definitely aware of our little vacation. She said she's sorry that she hasn't been able to come back because dealing with her mom's will and open house is taking longer than expected. Harry understood and told her to take the time she needed and that she shouldn't feel bad because what she's taking care of is something important.

Anyway, she's aboard because she said she hadn't seen Harry as happy as he is now since before he lost Cherry.

"Hurry up! Will ya? We're leaving today not tomorrow boy! Get in!" I yell through the window as he's locking up his house and dragging his suitcase down the driveway.

"Can't you see i'm trying?!" He yells laughing at his own antics which weren't on purpose.

I laugh at his slowness because his suitcase kept tilting over and causing an issue.

"Next time i'll definitely let you know two hours before we leave." I quote his words from the time we went down to Beachwood. "Oh wait. I did."

He's putting his suitcase in the back when I catch his annoyed glare.

"I shouldn't have let you borrow my car, now i'll never get some peace, miss I-have-no-patience!" He playfully groans rubbing his palm over his face.