42| fallin' all in you

-play this song^ when the * shows up below to make your reading experience better.
_____________________

June 14, 2023
*10 months later*

Danielle Scott

Elijah left for Italy three days ago.

He went to visit his Aunt who he hasn't seen in years according to him.

The other day I saw there was a red heart next to her contact name and I questioned Elijah- he told me she put it herself as part of a joke to mess around with whoever became his future girlfriend which is currently me.

At first I was mad cause I had a little doubt, but I trust him so I ended up laughing at it and got over it soon after.

I could be paranoid sometimes but that's on me because of past traumas.

I finish prepping some details for my program and decide i'll be going to talk to some of the teachers about available sponsors.

Hazel was currently out and about with Jax so it was just me.

I walk out of my dorm and walk toward some of the first classrooms pitching them my ideas and the first few said it was a wonderful idea but that they couldn't afford to be sponsors at the moment. They also wished me the best and hoped I found someone soon.

I need to get this secure and started before graduation.

I walked toward the library toward some of the other teachers who were gathered there and repeated my information.

They all rejected it and said they had other student's projects to sponsor already.

I thanked them for at least listening as I began to walk away. Before I could get farther ahead, someone else spoke up.

"That's a brilliant project."

I look back and realize it's our principal who had just walked into the library and overheard me pitching my idea. She was also a music teacher which I didn't have unfortunately.

She's very sincere and kind from what i've seen and heard. I just don't think we've ever had an encounter between each other so she doesn't know me.

"You're a student here? I don't think i've met you yet." She asks with a smile.

"Yes. Hi Ms. Mavis, i've seen you around. It's nice to officially meet you. I'm Danielle Scott." I smile and we shake hands but her mouth goes agape.

"Sc-Scott..? As in Hayes-Scott?" She stutters, staring into my eyes and analyzing my face deeply.

"Uh- y-yeah, how did you know?" I ask surprised to hear she knew my name.

"Y-You're alive? H-How is this possible?" She has wide eyes and an open mouth. She's in shock but I am confused as to why she's acting this way.

"Yeah.. I mean I think so." I lift two fingers up to my wrist and feel my pulse. I feel it and shrug. "Yep, feeling pretty alive i'd say." I press my lips together still trying to figure out how she knows of me.

"Your mother- Thalia Hayes? She was my.. my best friend.. I knew her and her husband. They were amazing people.. truly tragic what happened to the both of them.." She gives me an empathetic look.

I instantly feel nostalgic even though I have never even heard of this lady who says she was my mother's best friend.

"I- I don't know what to say. You knew my mother? You were best friends? How come i've never heard of you?" I ask and she smiles sadly.