9| enough for you

-play this song^ when the * shows up below to make your reading experience better.
________________________

Danielle Scott

September 5th, 2017

"Can anyone tell me who won the Battle of Berlin?"

Ms. Bennett walks around the rows of seated students testing our knowledge. You might be wondering why seniors are taking world history but that's just because this whole school's system is fucked up- meaning the district wants us to take world history for a second time, just because they feel like torturing us.

By the way, the part where I said 'they feel like torturing us' was my sarcasm speaking.

Anyways.. where were we?

The teacher repeats her question when no one speaks up.

"So no one knows the answer?" She laughs raising an eyebrow as she takes a seat behind her desk. "None of you did the reading, did you?" Her hands go up in the air making dramatic gestures toward us because we didn't do last night's reading. She receives a few 'ughs' and groans from the class and she smirks playfully.

"Hey don't blame me! I'm not the one who's forcing all seniors into taking world history again!" She states defensively

"Hey don't blame me! I'm not the one who's forcing all seniors into taking world history again!" She states defensively. "Blame the district!" She laughs out going through her notes.

She's a cool teacher, not super strict like others, so that's one thing I really like about her so far. She lets us breath in class and doesn't bombard us with tasks, she's making this a safe space for those of us who don't exactly have the most perfect home-life situation.

Nobody did the reading that she assigned the previous day, but she was willing to let it go without consequences if we do today's reading. So we all agreed and she moved on to show us a video on the Battle of Berlin. I used this opportunity to use the bathroom. Once she noticed my raised hand she allowed me to go and asked me if I could turn off the lights on my way out. So I got up, turned off the lights, and exited the classroom making my way to the bathroom.

I walk down the empty hallway towards the bathroom and I walk in ignoring the two preppy girls fixing their makeup in front of the mirrors. They snicker and make snotty remarks as soon as they see me. Instantly, I roll my eyes and walk into an empty stall doing my business. I take a breather and eventually exit the stall to wash my hands. They weren't fixing their makeup anymore, instead they were standing by the exit but behind me. I try ignoring their hushed whispers but I don't have patience for stupid childish things like talking shit about others. I keep my stare on my hands until i'm finished washing them and then I slightly look up at them through the mirror with hooded eyes and the most serious facial expression ever.

"Hey girls, while you're talking behind my back, feel free to bend down and kiss my ass." I tell them fed up with their childish behavior.