Chapter 28

Chapter 28: The Final Fight

Author's Note: Well, here it is, Part 4. I decided to just rename it to chapter 28, to be consistent with the chapter numbering for the fic website. I hope you guys enjoy this. I worked hard to write it. Please review once you're finished with it. We have only two more chapters after this one.

Once again, I've taken liberties with canon. Don't be surprised if things aren't the same.

Chapter 28: The Final Fight

The scenery changed around Naruto in what could be described as a transcendence of some sort. Coming from that black void with Konan, teleported him to another place that he had never seen before. What turned from a bright white light, evolved into a milky pearlescent void that amazed him.

"What are you doing here, brat?"

Naruto turned to his right and saw the Nine Tails looking down to him in curiosity, "K-Kurama?"

"Eh, Kurama, is this your human?"

Naruto shocked again, turned behind him and saw another Bijuu that was standing before him. Actually, there were many that were positioned around him. Nine different Bijuu in total.

"Actually, I was the one that summoned Naruto here."

All of the Bijuu suddenly reeled back in surprise as they witnessed an older man with a goatee suddenly approach them all and head to the center, closer to Naruto. Naruto gazed at the other man in uncertainty. He had never seen this man before and just for the added fact of having him suddenly show up in this alternate plane with all of the Bijuu, had him interested in what was happening.

"Who are you, old man?" Naruto asked calmly. He already knew that there was something different about the old man that was in front of him. He could feel some kind of Godly power coming from him and instinctively held back. He didn't know why, but even he felt nervous at this man's sudden entrance.

"Naruto! Have some respect! This is the Sage of Six Paths, Hagoromo Otsutsuki!"

"Sage of Six Paths?" Naruto replied questioningly, "You mean, he's like a Super Gramps then?"

"You could call me that if you wish, although, it's more irrelevant than the information that I'm going to bestow upon you," The Sage replied stoically, "I've been watching you and your world over the years as I traversed through space and time. The change of the world has been a massive one that has developed from a peaceful time, to a more civil, but conflicting time," Naruto was following more closely than usual since he developed his Rinnegan. Surprisingly enough, he wasn't asking as many questions this time, "Your world has gained the use of Chakra and through several centuries, has created an evil in itself that hinders the progress of prosperity. Most of this is my fault unfortunately since I favored one of my sons more than the other. Indra and Ashura were my two sons that I cherished, but sadly have chosen separate paths."

Naruto looked down in thought as a reminder that Sasuke and himself also have chosen separate paths. He already knew that Sasuke didn't want to be anywhere near Naruto, but Naruto heavily insisted over the years to bring Sasuke back, even if it meant to kill him. Those thoughts hit hard, but they hit nonetheless and it caused a tension in his chest.

"Naruto Uzumaki," The Sage said as Naruto looked back up to him, "With everything that has happened over the years, I must apologize for everything. I didn't realize that things would escalate to such extremities as they have."

The Sage looked down in thought temporarily. There was a hint of something on his face, possibly remorse or regret, but Naruto couldn't discern what the old man was thinking, "Naruto Uzumaki, you have done well over the years you have been alive. I'm truly proud to have someone such as you carry on the legacy of my son Ashura. I've disturbed others in this world long enough and I'm sure that Ashura is also growing weary of this eternal conflict."