Chapter 20

Chapter 20: Old Ways

Talking: "Talking"

Thinking: 'Thinking'

Dark Half Speaking: "Dark half speaking."

Chapter 20: Old Ways

Naruto opened his eyes to the witnessing spectators and saw a look of shock written upon their faces. It had been a while since people have looked at him like that and it left him to ponder just what exactly got them so worked up. It wasn't until Bee smiled that he began to lighten his mood about the situation. He carefully looked down to his hands and noticed a bright yellow flame encasing his arms. But not only his arms were enflamed, the rest of his body danced in a euphoric light.

"That's right my man! You did it!" Bee shouted out as he bumped fists with the golden boy.

"Good work, Naruto," Yamato responded with a sincere smile, "I'm very proud of you."

"Thanks guys," The boy responded, as he looked himself over again. He could feel his senses open far beyond what ever he had felt before. Even when he was in his tailed form, he never felt as much as he did now. Which reminded him, he was feeling an unusual aura around them. It didn't really feel nice. It felt... rotten. It pinpointed to the sword that lay on the back of Bee, "Hey, you think you can hide?"

'What, how did he find me?' A surprised Kisame thought as he ran over several escape scenarios in his head.

"What? I don't detect anyone here," Yamato replied while turning in a defensive posture.

"I don't feel chakra," Naruto responded as his hand flew up pointing towards the sword on Bee's back, "I feel a sense of evil in that sword!"

Just as soon as he said that, Samehada leaped off of Bee's back and ran towards the wall, "I didn't expect this turn of events." His sword body scurried over to the wall where the door opened for his escape.

Flabbergasted, Yamato blurted, "How did he even know how to open the door?"

"Hah!" Shouted Kisame, "They don't call me an Akatsuki for nothing!"

Before Kisame could even smell the front entrance, a lightning flash blew all the way to the other side of the room and impaled against the slippery shark man. Everyone in the room were amazed at such speed and precision that impact hit the shark. He looked up and hissed in pain as he fell to the floor. Naruto's foot managed to crumble the wall easily and his foot was unmovable and possibly broken as he tried to pull it free.

'Ah! That was a stupid move! I should have done something else,' The Jinchuuriki moaned in his mind as he attempted to pull free but to no avail.

Kisame took this minor incident as an escape opportunity and snaked his way out of the Tailed Beast room, 'I have to get away from that brat!' His scurries dissipated as Yamato tried to help Naruto out of the wall. His foot dropped pieces of debris onto the ground as he put his foot down, only to wince as soon as pressure was applied. Yamato noticed his distress and wrapped his arm underneath the Jinchuuriki's shoulder for support, "Looks like you sprained your ankle. I'll help you out of here."

Naruto grinned a little while limping, "Yeah, I made a mistake. Haha. Don't worry Captain Yamato, it will heal in a couple of minutes."

"I'm going after the spy! I can't let him get by!" bee shouted in his usual rap as he dashed out of the room leaving the others behind.

VVVVV

Konan and the others waited patiently outside of the waterfall as time ticked away. She was leaned against a tree with her eyes closed, lost in thought. She couldn't really help it. Although, she had faith in Naruto and his ability to control the Kyuubi, she still felt concerned about the overall process. She didn't know what was going on in there and no one trusted her enough to allow her through. Her curiosity peaked about the waterfall. When she watched Naruto fight his inner battle, she couldn't help but wonder if she could go up there and face her own inner demons, 'But Naruto-kun did it. Surely, if he can fight his inner battle and win, then it shouldn't be much more difficult for myself.' Her ruminations were interrupted as she took a breath and opened her eyes. She could do this. It wasn't like it was deadly or anything. It wasn't that at all. It was her fear getting to her. She was afraid. Afraid of truth that was always locked away in her mind. She was afraid of realizing her wrongs. Afraid of losing to her inner self. She wanted to try at least. She wanted to do what Naruto did. She is strong. She needs to realize her inner problems, bring them to a head, and get rid of them once and for all.