Chapter 14

Chapter 14: Deception

Thoughts: 'Thoughts'

Speaking: "Speaking"

Disclaimer: I do not own Naruto.

Chapter 14: Deception

"I can understand why Sakura doesn't want to tell you the truth," Sai spoke with his eyes never leaving the orange Jinchuuriki. He came back to tell Naruto the truth, even if Sakura didn't want him to. Naruto had to be told. It would help their current predicament and for some reason, Sai felt it was better that they returned to their previous attitudes towards each other.

"Well... Tell me," Naruto asked with confusion. He didn't know why Sakura came out in the blue and asked him something like that. It was like she was toying with his emotions. How could she do something so mean? She even called Konan a bitch. That was really uncalled for and it was only a reminder to how Konan has been mistreated since she was in the village.

"All of your friends want to kill Sasuke themselves."

Naruto's eyes widened. Actually he was almost speechless. He couldn't believe it. They wanted to kill Sasuke? Naruto's goal was to bring his friend back, but they didn't want him to do that anymore? "So..." Naruto started with his eyes lowered to the snow, "Did Sakura agree to this? I don't think that she'd want them killing Sasuke, especially since he's her first love ya know."

Sai looked solemnly but with conviction to Naruto. He could definitely tell that something was different about his comrade, "Sasuke will do nothing but bring this world to an end full of hatred. If he lives, then Sasuke will most likely start another war," He kept talking, but Naruto never let his eyes stray from the ground. He wasn't looking Sai in the eye, "He's a criminal Naruto. Just another criminal that is aligned with Akatsuki, which gives him no sympathy points from Konoha ever since the Akatsuki invasion."

Konan who walked up behind the both of them frowned as she heard that last bit. She doesn't really know why she walked up to them, but what she overheard when she walked up left her wanting to stay. She kept quiet while she heard what was being said between the two.

"Sakura isn't blind," Sai continued, "She isn't a child anymore and she knows now the difference. That's why she came out here to tell you all of this."

"She should have just said it..." Naruto replied sullen. Naruto just couldn't believe all of this.

"It wouldn't have been that easy," Kakashi spoke up, "She knew it would tear you up inside."

"She thought that if she confessed and said that she loved you, that she would release you from that burden of bringing Sasuke back," Sai said calmly, "But even though she said those things, you still said that you wanted to bring Sasuke back anyway... Maybe that's why she didn't tell you the truth?"

Naruto stood there silently. It was really hard to take all of this stuff in. How could Sakura just not come up and tell him directly? He would have understood. If his friends wanted to kill Sasuke then he wouldn't have a problem with it. 'Wait a minute... Where did that thought come from?' He clutched his head with his left hand in confusion. It was turning out to be quite a massive headache and he felt a real one coming in as well.

"But she was just thinking about Naruto's feelings wasn't she?"

Sai looked up and saw Konan who stood side by side with Naruto. Nodding slowly he continued, "Yes and I also believe that she-"

"...Knew what he was going to say. Right?" Konan asked a little more forward while taking a quick glance at Naruto and looking back to the talking boy.