Cousin Muscles

There was a loud knock at the door, it started Tom and Tabby, who dropped their playing cards as a result.

Jerry reassured the two it was no one to fear, with a soft smirk and went to go open the door.

"Cousin." He spat

"Muscles!" Jerry cheered, leaning out to hug his older cousin who dogged his hug. Muscles walked inside, noticing Tom and Tabby.

"This is what you called me for? Pathetic. You're stronger than this Jerome. You didn't come from a family of weaklings, it's that damn sister of yours, I bet."

"Nonono! I didn't call because of that. I just..wantedtospendtimewitnyou..." Jerry said.

"Spend time with me? Why would you wanna do that?" He asked.

"Because thats family does!"

"Immediate family. I'm not immediate, your sister is." Muscles tipped his hat, eyeing Tom in the face. He started to leave, but Jerry didn't let him.

"Please stay!" Jerry begged, dropping on his knees.

Muscles struggled to get out the door, as Jerry was holding him down as best as he could.

"Cousin let go of me! I don't want to put my hands on you!"

"Than do it! Why is it so hard to be loved by your own family?"

"You think I don't love you?"

"You don't! You'd visit me more often, or think to pick up the phone to call me! Or save me when I'm in trouble. Blood is thicker than water, and from the looks of it Tom is my only family!"

"Tom? That lazy good for nothing—! Gerald I cannot believe you just said that!"

"You all treat me like crap! Why else do you think I ran away when I was 14!?"

"Because your parents were battling a divorce, and you didn't want to stay with Grandma and Grandpa..."

Jerry blushed, as if he was offended, he let go of muscles standing up. "You're wrong." He stated.

"It's in written documentation. How can I be wrong?"

Jerry raised his hand, slapping cousin muscles across the face. "My parents loved me. I can't say the same about yours. That's why you're this 'tough guy' aren't you? You like to puff your chest out, smoke cigars, make everyone feel as though your this mafia boss they should be scared of. But you're not. You're insecure, about yourself, about your life. The family doesn't bother to contact you, not for holidays, not for emergencies, and definitely not your birthday. I try to be nice for as long as I can, but everyone has their breaking point. I'm sick of people taking my kindness as a weakness. Go to hell Muscles, or should I say Freddie."

"N-No one calls me that anymore! You think I'm just going to let you do it and walk away Scott free!?"

Tom and Tabby watched this unfold through the window. He could hear Muscle's roaring anger. He had to save Jerry, to get him out of there.

"C-Cousin don't g-go out there! Y-You'll get h-hurt!"

"I have to, Muscles is gonna kill Jerry!"

Tabby pulled on Tom's arm, making him fall and hit his head. He felt dizzy getting up, but that didn't stop him.

Everything happened so fast, Tom didn't have time to process what happened. All he remembered was grabbing Jerry, pushing him out the way. Taking the blow for him. Tom hit the ground, before he blacked out he could see Jerry and Tabby hovering over him, screaming his name.

Tom woke up on the couch, he felt sore. Tabby was by his side, he looked out the window, it was dark outside. He groaned, trying to sit up.

"T-Thomas!?" Tabby wrapped himself around Tom, hugging him tightly.

Tom let out a cough, his throat was dry, he felt like puking blood.

"Y-You stay there! A-And I'll get you a glass of water!" Tabby darted into the kitchen.

Tom looked around the room, searching for Jerry. Tabby handed Tom the glass of water, supporting him while he sat up.

Tom opened his mouth, like he wanted to speak, but nothing came out. Tabby handed him a notepad and a pen, which was conveniently a few feet away from him.

'Where's Jerry at?'

"H-He left! He blamed himself for what happened, and I-I tried to tell him it wasn't his fault, but he snapped."

'How long ago did he leave?'

"Right after you blacked out. That had to be over 2 hours ago!"

Tom rolled his eyes, scoffing.

'I have to go find him, you stay here.'

"You can't go anywhere! You're still hurt!"

Tom shook his head, 'Jerry'll get lost. I have to bring him back home before it's too late.'

Tabby knew he couldn't argue with his cousin, so he let Tom go. He gave him a water bottle and a couple of pills that might relieve him. He also gave him cloth since his mouth was bleeding till a little bit. He left out, in search of Jerry.

My last update was in September! That was 2 months ago! >~< I'm sorry guys, i hate having to leave you guys to suspense and eagerness, but I can't force myself to write, it'll come out bad! :( So, hopefully the next update comes out soon! See you guys then! <3