Firey Cat

The next morning, Cousin Tabby woke up before Tom and Jerry. He was embarrassed that he fell asleep so early, and ashamed that he didn't go out with Tom to search for Jerry. He figured, he'd do his elder cousin a favor and help Tidy up a little, and maybe cook breakfast.

"Something smells good..." Jerry said, coming down the stairs.

Tabby jumped in fear, sighing he picked up the spatula he dropped, turning to Jerry.

"I thought it would be nice for me to make breakfast. I did just randomly crash on you guys' couch."

Jerry giggled lightly, "Don't worry about it. You're one of few Tom's relatives I enjoy seeing and chatting with."

Tabby wanted to say something, he wanted to ask if Jerry was okay, and what'll happen going forth about his cousin Muscles. But he couldn't, he shouldn't. He didn't want to make an awkward situation out of such a joyous occasion.

"What happened to-."

"Tabby! You're still here?" Tom asked coming down the steps in his pajamas. He wore these little 'cat' slippers that were gifted to him by his sister a few years back.

Tabby nodded, he noticed the way Jerry and Tom looked at one another. It's almost as if they were dating, or maybe just begun to.

"What's wrong Tabby?" Tom asked.

"Tabby, the stove!" Jerry yelled out.

Tabby turned around, to see the stove lit ablaze. He thought he turned the gas down, but apparently not. He froze in fear, remembering once when he was little, when a nasty fire broke out because of him.

Jerry snatched Tabby back, and Tom grabbed the frying Pan, tossing it into the sink. The smoke detector finally went off, Jerry ran to open the door, sighing softly as he coughed on smoke.

"I'm sorry!" Tabby yelled, running upstairs and slamming the door shut. Tom and Jerry looked at one another, and nodded.

Tom and Jerry went upstairs, Tom knocked on the door lightly, twisting the knob. It was unlocked, but Tabby was sitting directly infront of it preventing them from opening it.

"Tabby, it isn't your fault!" Tom yelled.

"Anyone could've started that fire!" Jerry reasoned, but it was no use. "Well..what does he like to eat?"

"He likes junk food, just like I do."

"It's 10 in the morning! Think of something else."

"Pancakes. He likes pancakes."

"The frying burnt out." Jerry said with an attitude.

"That's no way to talk to your-."

"Waffles! We have waffles!" Jerry yelled, cutting him off. He ran downstairs, putting a couple of waffles in the toaster. He came back up stairs, commanding Tom to try again.

"Tabby? I've got waffles! They're your favorite~..."

Tabby moved off the door, opening it slightly to peek. "Show me..." he said.

Jerry held the plate closer to Tabby, who took the waffle in his hand, letting syrup drip onto his hands and stain the floor.

"Will you come out now?" Jerry asked, and Tabby came further out the door. Jerry applauded Tabby, and they all went back downstairs to clean what hasn't been cleaned.

~

"Tabby...you gotta stop scaring people like that, alright? I know you're scared of fire, but why offer to make breakfast for us if you knew the stove was gonna be involved?" Tom asked.