New Years With The Family

Jerry let out a wheezy cough, Tom started to pat his back in a panic, Jerry slapped his hand away.

"I'm okay! I'm okay..." He cleared his throat, spitting.

"You know you don't have to do this." Tom softly spoke.

"It's the holidays, holidays should be spent with family. You spent Christmas with yours, right?"

Tom nodded, "Only because I was depressed, and kinda suicidal..."

Jerry softly gasped, "Awww, you missed me that much?" He pulled Tom down for a kiss on the cheek. Just then the door opened. It was one of Jerry's Uncles; Uncle Pesos. He was a tad drunk, but when wasn't he 'a tad bit drunk' ? Although drunk, he never had one of those 'rages' certain others have.

"Jerry! *laughs* Is that you!? My, how smaller you've gotten since the last time I seen you!"

Jerry blushed out of embarrassment, "I've been the same height since I was 14...the only thing growing about me is my hair."

Jerry hummed, "Well I brought some desserts

Jerry hummed, "Well I brought some desserts." He said, holding out the small tray of New Year themed cookies. "Tom helped try some of them." He whispered with a wink.

Uncle Pesos turned to Tom, Tom was a little moody because it was cold, and he was hungry, and didn't like being around drunken idiots all day.

"So is he your boyfriend? Huh, I never would've thought you were gay."

"Uncle Pesos!" Jerry scoffed, stuffing one of the cookies in his mouth. He left the tray in his hand, taking Tom by the hand and inside.

The rest of Jerry's family was in there, minus cousin Muscles. Which was good, for obvious reasons. If muscles was there, Tom would've fought till his last breath to take Muscles down. How romantic.

"Jerry!" Jerry turned to see who was calling him. It was Cousin Merlin, the 'magician' of the family. He couldn't do magic, but he was able to trick the youngsters that he could. He would do small and simple tricks, like disappearing coin, or a simple card trick. The trick that really got them was the 'Bending Spoon Trick'.

"Cousin Merlin! This is-."

"Thomas. His name is Thomas, isn't it?"

Tom nodded, scared how Merlin knew his name when Jerry obviously hasn't told his family about Tom.

Merlin laughed lightly, "I overheard you introducing him to Uncle Pesos. How are you?" He asked Tom.

"I'm doing fine. How about you?" He asked, shaking his hand.

"I got put in charge of the little ones again, but it doesn't bother me! I can keep them entertained with tricks as far as the eye can see!"