Night Under The Stars

"You think we got here pretty late?" Jerry asked, "I feel a little breeze coming in."

Tom shrugged, "It's not as crowded as it normally is, so we should be good. If you're cold, you can wear my vest."

Jerry shook his head, relying on his 'animal skills' to keep him warm.

"I wonder if it's any food stands nearby. Fuck..." Tom mumbled, "Did I leave my wallet at home?"

Jerry gave a confused blink, "I'll buy it for you! You don't have to pay me back!"

"No, it's fine. I see someone in the distance who owes me money." Tom said, balling his fists up and matching over to the 'someone'

Jerry watched as Tom went over to an orange haired cat, 'Lightning' was his name, or maybe it was his nickname because he's so energetic like a lightning strike.

"Tom! I didn't expect to see you here! You always say that you're busy and what naught, and you don't hang around like you used to..."

"Where's my money?" Tom asked

"Money? What money?" Lightning asked with a fearful look in his eyes.

"The $5 I gave you last week. What was it, a Monday?"

"Tuesday-." Lightning placed his hand over his mouth. He dug into his pocket, handing Tom a $5 bill.

"Thank you." Tom coldly replied

Lightning nodded, seeing MeatHead walking by. "I gotta go. But—Do you mind if I stop by next week?"

"Sure, just knock on the door first." Tom replied, he turned his back and headed back over to Jerry, who was no longer confused, just upset.

"That was rude." He said bluntly

"Rude? How? He owed me money, I just went to collect what I was owed." Tom said sitting down, folding his arms behind his back, kicking his feet out.

Jerry squatted down, "It was only $5, you could've let him go." He said, beginning to yawn.

"You're tired this early?"

"Hey, it's cold outside. I may be a warm blooded animal, but the cold weather should make any logical person sleepy."

Tom hummed, "I must be crazy then."

Jerry giggled, then he began to drift to sleep.

"Dumbass, you're gonna get a cold if you don't cover up." He sighed, "It can't be helped, I guess..." Tom took off his vest, wrapping it around Jerry who snuggled up into it.