Chapter 1

We pull into Matt's driveway and his house is beautiful. He lives with the Jacks and Shawn. Before Matt is even fully park, Nate jumps out of the car and runs around to open my door for me. "Jesus Nate, don't do that!" Matt yells. "Chill, I wasn't going to let her open the door herself" Nate replies, making me blush.

Jack whispers to Matt "looks like someone has a crush" "why wouldn't he? She's perfect"

I can't hear what they're saying, but I hope it's good, Nate sticks out his hand and I hold it as I get out of the car. Matt runs around the car to me and gives me a big hug because he couldn't before. "I missed you so much Luce, Love you" "I missed you too Matt, and love you more"

Matts POV

I hug Lucy as tightly as possible. I never want to let go. Being without her for 3 months was so hard. I've missed the smell of her perfume. I love her so much, but she only loves me as a friend. I release from the hug so things don't get weird, even though I want to hug her forever.

Lucy's POV

We all walk inside and a small Yellow Lab comes running down the stairs in the foyer. "This is our new puppy, Stanley" Jack says. Stanley licks my shoe and then scurries away. We go into kitchen and there's someone sitting at the island but I can't see their face.

"Hey Sammy, this is Lucy,
she's my friend from my hometown" Matt says. Sammy turns around and looks me up and down and grins. He gets up and gives me a big hug. "I'm Sammy, but feel free to call me Daddy" he says. We all laugh and I say "I think I'll stick with Sammy" and he makes puppy dog face at me. "Ok, sorry Daddy." We all laugh again but when I look at Nate he looks somewhat annoyed. Matt pulls out his phone to order a pizza when Sammy interrupts him to tell him that he already ordered. We go to the living room and I sit down on a small couch and Nate sits next me. Jack turns on the tv while Sammy gets us all some drinks. We start to watch the hockey game that's on while we wait for the pizza. Nate puts his arm around me, pulls me closer, and whispers to me, "sorry about Sammy, he can be very forward sometimes." I laugh to myself, "it's fine, he seems really nice!" Nate starts to play with my hair a little when the doorbell rings. Sammy jumps up to get the door to retrieve the pizza. He brings if straight to the living room with some plates and napkins. We all start eating and are having smaller conversations, mine being with Nate.

"So what made you decide to come to LA?" "Well Matt is one of my only good friends and we wanted to be closer and he wasn't coming back to Alexandria so I came here!" "Omg, that is so totally friendship goals!" We both laugh for a minute until we make solid eye contact. He tucks my hair behind my ear. "Fuck!" We part from our daze to find Jack picking up his pizza from the floor. I get up to help him clean it up and I can feel Nate staring at me. I look back for a minute and he mouths to me "10 minutes"