Chapter 36

***
"So how was your trip, babe?" Nate says has he shoves a big mouthful of cereal in his mouth.
"Uh.. Fine I guess.."
"It was so lonely around here with both you AND Sammy disappearing in the same 24 hours."
"I bet.. Where exactly did Sammy go?" I say as if I have no idea.
"New York City. He went with his sister, Emily, for a last minute photo shoot I guess.. He'll be home tomorrow I think though."
"That's good, I'm sure you miss him"
Nate nods, "I do. Is it ok if we pick him up from the airport?"
"Oh.. Uh.. Of course"

Well this will be awkward.

***

"He just texted me saying his flight landed and that he'll be out here in a half an hour hopefully."
"Ok.. I'm gonna go to the bathroom, I'll be right back"
"Ight lil mama"

I rush to the bathroom and call Lia to fill her in on everything that happened.

"Lucy, that's going to be such an awkward car ride home..."
"I know..
"You'll have to act like none of it happened, which I know will be hard."
"But it's what I have to do I guess.."
"Text me after and let me know how it goes.."
"I will.. Talk to you soon"

I hang up and leave the bathroom. When I start to near our waiting spot, I can see Sammy is already there. Shit.

When I get closer, I can hear that their voices both sound quite mad. But why are they arguing?

"Sammy why the fuck are you mad?" Nate says with an apparent annoyance in his voice. Sammy doesn't respond before he storms away.

"What just happened?" I ask.
"I have no idea..."
"I'll go talk to him..." I say as I run after him before he gets too far. I see Sammy go outside.

When I make it outside, I find him sitting against the wall of what seems likes a bit of an ally way.

"Sammy, what's wrong?"

He looks up at me and tears are streaming down his flushed face, "I thought you loved me more?"

I look around to make sure no one else is around, "I do.."
"Then why would you have sex with him?"

I guess Nate told him.

I walk over to Sammy and sit next to him on the ground.

"I'm sorry, but you told me to be with him. So that's what I'm doing. Having sex is a normal step in a relationship and he wanted to take that step, so we did."
"He wanted to? What about you? That's supposed to be a mutual decision.."
"I thought it would help me love him more.. But in reality it didn't because.."
"Because why?"
"I thought about you the whole time.."

I can tell Sammy's trying not to smile, "really?"
I nod.

"I know I don't have the right to be mad but I am. I want that to be me...
"But you're the one that made that choice..."
"I know.. And I'm so sorry... I regret it so much," he says as his face inches closer to mine.
"Sammy I ca-"

He cuts me off by kissing me. I know I shouldn't kiss him back but I can't help it. I've been wanting to kiss him so badly.

Sammy pulls me onto his lap and I wrap my legs around him and I put my arms around me his necks. His hands slide down my back to my waist.

"I love you so much Lucy.."
"I love you so much more"
"Impossible"

We continue to kiss after our confessions of love.

"Are you fucking serious?"

I look up to see Nate.

Fuck.

AN: uh oh..