Chapter 5

I open my eyes and look around. I lay on my side and check my phone, it's 11:16am. "Holy shit" I grab my phone and see I have 9 messages from Matt. I fell asleep before I could call him back. I open the messages and the first few are asking what happened to me. The last few are from this morning saying not to listen to my voice mail from him. Apparently he got wasted after talking to me. I imagine the message is saying what he was going to tell me. As I start to respond I get another message from Matt saying 'Please Lucy'. I decide I won't listen to it, but I won't delete it. If something ever happens I can always go back to it. I respond 'Don't worry.' I get up to get in the shower to get ready for tonight. I want to wear a dress so I'll have to shave my legs. I take a shower and put my robe on to get eat breakfast. I walk into my living room to see flowers and a few gift bags. There's a note next to it with my name on it.

'Lucy, wear this for our date tonight. Be ready at 6. -Nate'. I open the first bag and pull out a Loubiton shoe box. No. Fucking. Way. I open the box to see the most beautiful heels I've ever seen. I open the next bag and pull out a black dress. It's a short dress with long sleeves and a plunging neck line. The last bag is from Victoria's Secret. There's another note in this bag that reads 'Because every girl feels more confident when wearing a matching bra and underwear.' I guess he doesn't realize that when the neckline of a dress is that low, a bra doesn't really work. I open the bag to find a black lacy bra and a pair of black lacy underwear. The bra is surprisingly the right size. I don't know how he could tell from the oversized sweatshirt I was wearing last night. I grab my phone to text Nate. 'Thank you Nate, I love it. I can't keep the shoes though' I send. I continue into the kitchen when my phone rings with a call from Nate.

"Hey Nate"
"Hello beautiful" I start to blush.
"I really love what you got for me but I can't ke-"
"Yes you can. You can and you will. If I don't see those shoes on you tonight we aren't going."
"You're a pain in the ass Nate Maloley." We both laugh.
"I'll pick you up at six, is that ok?"
"Of course"
"I'll see you then babe" he says before hanging up. I blush again from him calling me 'babe'. I like it though.