Prologue

It's a rainy day in LA, one of the only to happen for the year, and I'm walking through the suburbs. I like to enjoy the rain as much possible seeing it's so rare here. The only reason I moved out here was to be with my friend Matt. He's one of the only friends I have so I figured I should probably be with him. I've only been here a few days and I haven't seen Matt yet, until I go see him now. It's a long walk to his house from my apartment but that doesn't really matter to me. I can hear a car coming from behind me and I look to see it pullover next to me. The windows are tinted so can't tell who is in this car. The window rolls down and I see Matt in the drivers seat, with his friend Jack in the passengers seat. "Lucy! What are you doing out here?!" Matt yells. "I'm walking to your house! I'm so happy to see you!" "Get in the car!" I walk up to the back seat and get in the car. I get in and see there's someone else in the back seat. I know he looks familiar but I can't remember his name. "Lucy, this is Jack, and this is Nate" Nate! That's his name! He's so hot. I can't stop staring at him. "Lucy? Hello?" Oops "oh sorry, I zoned out for a second, I'm Lucy, nice to meet you" I stick out my hand to Nate but he rolls his eyes at me. "No no, I want a hug" He opens his arms and I lean in for the hug. His cologne smells like nothing smelled before. I wish I could smell it forever. He whispers into my ear "so when will I get to talk to you alone?" I pull away and smirk at him. I teach my hand out to Jack and he shakes my hand. "I would you too, but that's kinda hard from up here" Jack says while laughing and I laugh too. "Well nice to meet you!" Matt looks at you in the rear view mirror. "We were going to order some pizza and wings and have a couple drinks, sound ok" Matt says. "Sounds great! I love pizza!" "How could I forget?" We both chuckle. I feel something hitting the side of my leg so I look down to see Nate sliding over his phone. I look up to him and he just smiles at me and looks away. I pick up his phone and he has the 'New Contact' page up on his phone. I try to keep my smile to myself as I put in my number. I slide it right back to him when I'm done. A minute later, I get a text from a number not in my contacts saying "Meet me on the back deck when I leave to go to the bathroom later." I look back up and Nate winks at me with a smile. I smile back and reply "see you there"