Chapter 7

"Listen Matt, I know I should have told you first, especially you told us yesterday, but I had asked her out before you told us and you can't just take that back. I'm sorry. I really am. But I'm still taking her out because I'm interested in her and I'm not passing up my opportunity." Matt's face gets really red as he fills with anger and I see him clench his fists. He turns around to me and I can see tears well up in his eyes. "Lucy, why are you dressed like that? You're dressed like a whore, and that's not who you are." Did he really just say that? I see Nate getting mad. "Don't fucking call her a whore." "Guys please stop." I say as I start to cry. Nate runs over to me and starts to wipe my tears. "Lucy, please don't cry.. You don't want to ruin your beautiful makeup! I know you spend a lot of money on your makeup and you don't want to be wasting it!" I smile because he knows I spend a lot of money on makeup, which he would only know if he stalked my Twitter and Instagram.

"Nate bought me this outfit, Matt. And I like it. I actually feel good about the way I look for once. So if you have a problem with it, or with him taking me out, then you aren't the guy that I thought you were." I grab Nate's hand and lead him outside. Matt is also crying at this point. "Luce come back, I'm sorry" Matt cries out. I just keep walking and I can hear Matt coming after us so I start to run.

These heels were not made for running so I'm struggling to stay on my feet. Right before we get to the elevator I trip from my heels and fall. I start to cry more. Nate drops down to help me. "Babe are you ok?!" I nod because I can't manage to get words out. Matt comes from around the corner to find us on the ground. "I'm so sorry Luce" Matt says faintly. Nate picks me up because he knows I won't be able to walk immediately. "Let's go Nate." Nate presses the elevator button and we get on, leaving Matt behind. As the elevator doors close I hear Matt yell, "he's just going to try and get you in bed!" and then I see him punch the wall in the hallway.

We make it downstairs and Nate sets me in the backseat of his car so I can elevate my foot. We stay silent for a few minutes as he drives to our destination. "You don't look like a whore." "Thank you." He looks at me in the rear view mirror. "And I'm not just trying to get you in bed. I actually like you. I hope you know that." "I do." There's another long pause of silence. "Can we pretend that didn't happen so we can enjoy out night?" I ask quietly. "Of course. I'm sorry that had to happen." We remain quiet the rest of the drive. We pull into a restaurant called Cut, owned by Wolfgang Puck. "Holy shit, Nate, isn't this really expensive?" Nate just smirks. "Don't worry about it." He pulls up to valet parking and gets out of the car to open my door. "How is your ankle? Can you walk?" I stand up with his help and although I feel a tremendous amount of pressure on my ankle, I can bear with it so I nod. He takes my hand and walks towards the entrance where he gives the valet parking desk his keys. We walk in and go to the hostess stand. "Reservation for Maloley." The hostess nods, "right this way Mr Maloley." We follow her until we get to our table where the menus are already waiting. There are candles at the table and the lighting is dim. Nate pulls out my chair for me and I sit down.

Nate sits down across from me and we start to evaluate the menu. Everything is so expensive and I feel horrible. I don't want him paying this much for me. Nate can see the worry in my eyes. "Order whatever your heart desires" he says smirking at me.