Chapter 38

I return downstairs after taking care of what I had to do. This makes everything so much harder.. I don't know how I'm supposed to handle this situation.

I join them in living room and sit in the big chair.

"So we need to figure out we're gonna do about this... I think we're all in a pretty tough situation..." Nate says.
"This is all my fault... I feel horrible and it's not fair to you guys" I mutter.
"Don't say that, Lucy! You can't help how you feel... If anything it's my fault!" Sammy says.
"Lucy I'm not mad at you, and I'm not mad at Sam. I'm upset obviously but I can't be mad."
I nod, "it's just the whole situation is so difficult and it keeps getting more difficult and I don't know what to do.."
"Well tell us how you're feeling"

I guess I have to tell them.. I didn't want to have to tell them so soon, but I don't know what else to do. I just hope they don't think I'm just saying this for pity or some shit.

"Well I'm just so conflicted... I love you both... But now there's another problem and I don't know what to do.."
"what is it, Lucy? You can tell us..." Sammy says.

Here it goes. I guess.

"I'm... Pregnant..."

Their eyes grow wide in disbelief.

"When I went upstairs to take care of something, I took a pregnancy test.. Well I took 3 just to be sure, and they all came positive..." I say as I start to tear up.
Nate comes over to me and grabs my hand, "Lucy, that's so great," he starts to smile, "we will raise this baby together, whether you're with Sam or with me. I want to be in this baby's life."
I nod and look back at Sammy. He smiles but I know it's not real.
"I think for now, the best thing is to not be with either of you..."
"What? Why?" Nate asks.
"Because it's not fair to you guys and it's not fair to me either.. I just need time to figure out what is the best choice for me..."
"I think that's a good idea.. But you're still living here. So we can help with the pregnancy and then the baby.." Sammy says.
"Yeah, I agree with Sam. You aren't leaving."
"Ok..."

***

The rest of the day is spent moving my into the guest room. It's just as big as Nate's so I'm not complaining.

"You need to get a bed like mine, you need your back to have good support. I'm going to head over to the Sleep Number store and get you one, I know the guy so I can get a good deal on it. Do you and Sam want to head out to pick some new bedding and paint colors and stuff?"
"Sure."

Sam and I head over to Pottery Barn to pick out some new bedding.

"You ok, Sam?"
He nods.
"No you aren't, when I announced the pregnancy I know you were just faking the smile. What's going on?"
"It's just- never mind."
"Sam! Come on, you know you can tell me anything."
Sam sighs, "it's just, you having a kid with Nate is going to make you want to choose him. I'm happy for you, I really am. I just wish that was my baby..."
I put my hand on top of Sam's on the cart, "I'm sorry Sam... But I promise it won't change my decision, ok?"
He nods.
I kiss his cheek, "I just need some time to think, but I'm not going to milk it. Once I know what I want, I'm going to act on it. Don't worry... I know we can't be together now, but I still love you.."
"I love you too" he says with a weak smile.

***

On our way home, we stop by Home Depot to get some paint for my new room. I chose an off white purple color because why not?"

When we get home, Nate is already there with the new bed.

"How do you already have it?" I ask.
Nate smiles, "I have connections babe"
His smile fades and so does mine.
"Sorry... I guess I haven't really accepted this as a break up..."
"Oh Nate, I don't want it to be like that... You can still call me whatever you want!"
Nate nods, "thanks..." he says sheepishly. "I haven't really gotten to talk to Sam about all of this so is it ok if I go do that?"
"Of course."

AN: ok guys I've decided that I'm going to end Rainy Days with chapter 40. But fear not, I will have a sequel come soon after!

Please comment and vote, without your support, I don't know what you guys think of what I'm writing!

Also, yes, I realize Pottery Barn doesn't have carts. I was originally going to write Bed Bath and Beyond and then I changed my mind and forgot lol