Chapter 12

After Sammy and I eat, he offers to watch tv with me until Nate gets back. I let him pick the channel because I'm not going to pay attention anyways. Too much on my mind. I can't believe Matt. Why wouldn't he tell me? I'm in such a horrible position now. Do I act like I don't know? Or do I confront him about it? I don't even know if I want to be friends with him anymore after what he did yesterday. He can't dictate who I go out with, that's not fair. It's my life not his. I switch into a laying position and decide to take a nap. I didn't get much sleep last night and I mine as well use this time to catch up.

I wake up and realize I am not where I fell asleep. I am back in Nate's bed and he is next to me this time. He's writing, probably lyrics. "Oh, good evening beautiful, how did you sleep?" Nate says. "Amazing, your bed is comfortable!" "Good! I'm glad you slept well! Sorry I wasn't here when you woke up, that won't happen again." "How was the studio?" "Good, they were editing one of my new tracks and one of the audio files was broken and they had to record it so the song can be completed before the deadline. Again, I'm really sorry, I would have rather been here with you. " You smile at each other, "It's ok Nate, Sammy and I had some breakfast and watched some tv. We bonded." I say with a laugh. I grab my phone and start to check my messages and Nate returns to writing. "Do you need food or anything?" Nate asks me. "Actually I'd kinda like a glass of water.. I can go it" "You sure?" "Yeah!" I get up and walk downstairs.

Sammy and Jack G are sitting at the kitchen counter. "Oh hey Lucy" Jack says. "Oh hi Jack!" I know what he's thinking, wearing Nate's shirt and no pants makes it look like we hooked up, but we didn't. "So you and Nate...?" "Not like that, Jack." The door bell rings, probably Jack J seeing Gilinsky is here. Sammy gets up to get the door. When he comes back with, Matt's with him. Well this is great. "Oh.. Lucy... I didn't expect to see you here..." "It's not like that Matt.." We all stand there in silence. "can we talk?" I ask. He nods. After another moment of silence, Sammy says "Uh if you guys want to go talk alone in the library down the hall, feel free." "Thank you" I say quietly. We down the hallway in silence and sit down in the library. I can't believe they have a library.

Matt takes a deep breath. "Let me start off by saying, I am so sorry Lucy. What I said was so wrong. You are not a whore and you're so far from it. You are a beautiful girl and you have a great body, and showing that off doesn't make you a whore. And I'm sorry that I got mad at you for going out with Nate. He's a really great guy. I know he has a bit of a stereotype but that's not who he is. I guess I just got a little jealous..." Is he going to tell me? Admit that he's in love with me? "I've always kinda been the only guy to stay a constant in your life and I guess just got scared that someone could possibly replace me. I saw the chemistry you guys had from the moment you got in the car. It wasn't nothing." Or not. Do I ask? Or do I pretend I don't know? I think I should tell him but I don't want to ruin things... "Can I ask you something Matt?" I guess I'm saying it. "Lucy of course." Here goes nothing. "Do you have feelings for me? Like as more than a friend? It's ok if you do.." We're silent for a moment as tears swell up in his eyes, but he doesn't cry. "No, you're my best friend. Nothing more, nothing less." Why can't he just tell the truth?