Chapter 11

"Talk about what? What aren't you telling me?" He tucks my hair behind me ear. "Please don't tell Matt I told you, he should really be the one doing this." "I won't say anything, I promise." Nate takes a deep breath. "Basically, when you were outside yesterday, Matt told us something about you. He told us he's in love with you, and have been since you went to North Carolina together. I don't know how long ago that was, but he's really madly in love. And that's why I said we shouldn't go out. I don't know if you want to do anything about it but I hope it doesn't affect what we have going on here. I've never met anyone like you and j want to see where this goes." I'm in awe. I never saw this coming. I guess I should have. "We went to North Carolina last May..." Nate's eyes widen with realization. "Lucy, he was in love with you when that whole thing happened between you..." "Oh my god.." I saw faintly.

We're silent for a few minutes. "I can't believe this" I say. "Do you think he used me?" Nate looks confused, "what do you mean?" "Like do you think he took advantage of the fact I was high to get with me? What if he wasn't actually high? What if he just acted like he was because then he could sleep with me." "Do you think he would really do that?" "I don't really know at this point.. After what he did today, I don't really know what he'll do to get what he wants." Nate turns off the lights and starts to rub my back to comfort me. We both fall asleep shortly after that.

11:24 am
I wake up to a knock on the door. I realize Nate isn't in here so I say "come in!" The door opens and Sammy is standing there with no shirt on. "Hey Lucy, Nate wanted me to tell you he got an emergency call into the studio for something he'll be back by 1. I'm making french toast if you want to come down and eat." I roll out of bed and follow Sammy downstairs. I don't bother to put any pants on because I'm still half asleep and quite frankly I don't care. Sammy starts to make breakfast and I sit down at the counter. "Did you sleep ok?" Sammy asks. "Yeah, Nate's bed is the most comfortable bed I've ever slept in." "Good, he only spend a couple thousand dollars on it." We both laugh. Sammy hands me a plate of food as he sits next to me to eat. "Where did he take you last night?" he asks. "We went this restaurant called Cut. It was really good... really expensive! And then we went for a walk on the beach but after a mile of walking it started pouring rain so we left and came back here!" "You want to know something?" Uh oh. "Sure" "Nate told me one time, that when he meets the girl he thinks he'll end up marrying, he'll take her to Cut. And he took you on the first date, so know that he must really into you. Plus he normally doesn't date so you must be really special." I start to blush. That's so sweet. "Good to know" I say as I start to smile.