Chapter 6

I decide to curl my hair for tonight because it's a special occasion. It's already 5pm so hopefully I finish my hair quickly because I still have to do my makeup. I haven't talked to Matt all day which is unlike us, even when we were apart. I want to listen to his message so desperately but it might be for the best if I don't though. After finishing my hair I put on my makeup and decide to wear Mac Viva Glam III lipstick, a deep berry red color. I think it'll be just enough to offset all the black and bring attention to my lips. I get dressed and put on my favorite perfume. As I'm putting my shoes on, the doorbell rings. Nate must be here. I run and open the door to let him in. His eyes grow wide as looks me up and down and his jaw drops a little. "Holy shit Lucy.. You look... Beautiful." "Thank you Nate.. You look really great too." He's wearing a black button down with a black tie and black pants. He comes in and I tell him to have a seat while I go grab my purse and such. I go to my room and grab my purse. I walk back into the living room and Nate is looking at the pictures on the wall of Matt and I, family pictures, and other pictures of me and my friends. "How long have you been friends?" I know he's referring to Matt. "Since we were born. We grew up being neighbors and the window of my room was across from the window of his room. We would talk to each other on the phone while looking at each other through the window. We even would sneak into each other's rooms at night and have secret sleepovers. But that ended when we started having relationships because usually one of us had someone over." "That's cool that you guys have been close for so long." The doorbell rings. I don't know who it could be. I walk over to get the door while Nate continues to look at my pictures. I open the door and its Matt. "Lucy we need to talk." He looks at me and realizes I'm going out. "Oh sorry.. Who are you going out with?" Before I can even answer Nate and Matt become aware of each others presence. "Fuck Lucy! What are you doing with Nate? You just met! Why wouldn't you tell me?" Matt yells. "Matt can we talk about this later? Alone?" Matt storms in and walks up to Nate, completely ignoring my request. "Matt listen I can explain" Nate says. "You don't have to." Matt replies and goes to hit Nate in the face but Nate catches Matts hand. What the hell is going on?