Chapter 31

The party starts flowing with people. I decide to reside in the kitchen. I talk to the people as they come in and out of the kitchen for drinks but no one consistently through the night.

"Oh my god, Lucy?!" I hear from behind me. I turn around to see a pretty girl with long blonde hair. I've seen her online before but I don't know her. I nod in confusion.
"Sorry, let me introduce myself properly.. I'm Lia Marie, so nice to meet you!"
"Lucy, but I guess you already know that," I say as we both laugh, "nice to meet you too! I love your Instagram!"
She smiles, "thanks! I love yours too! You and Nate are so cute! How are you guys doing?" she asks as she pours herself a drink.
"We are.. well.. ok I guess. We have some problems that we are brushing under the rug I guess but it's just kind of hard for me I guess... Sorry I shouldn't be talking about this..I'm just not used to being able to talk to girls anymore because since moving here I've only made friends with guys"
"No no it's ok! Tomorrow we will go out to coffee and you can tell me all about it. I'll message you on twitter in the morning my number and we can make the plans from there! Every girl needs another girl they can talk to about these things, and that girl can be me now!"
"That is so sweet.. thank you so much" I say as I start to smile softly.

I feel someone touch my hips from behind me and I jump out of fear. I turn around and see Sammy and he smiles at me, "sorry," he says with a chuckle. "Is it ok if we talk now?" he asks.
"I'm talking to Lia, can I find you in a bit?" I ask
"Oh, sorry, find me when you're done.." Sammy says awkwardly.
"No no, I'll go, I have to go bring some beers back to some friends but I'll talk to you in the morning Lucy!" Lia says and walks away.

Sammy grabs my hand and leads me to the library they have hidden on the first floor. Not sure why they have a library, they don't come off as readers to me. We sit down on the couch and he puts his hand on mine.

"Can you tell me what you were going to say earlier? Before Nate walked in.."
I don't want to say what I was going to say before. It would have been a mistake. It would have ruined everything.
"Please Lucy," he says with wide eyes.
"I can't," I respond faintly, "it would have been a mistake."

Sammy's POV
A mistake? What could it have been? I replay the conversation in my head, 'for what?' 'for lo-'. And that's all I heard.

Lo-? What does that mean?

And then it clicks. I can't help but smirk.

Your POV
I see his eyes light up and he starts to smirk but you can see he's struggling and trying to hide it. He figured it out.

"I should get back to the party," I say quickly as I stand up. I start to walk away and he grabs my hand and pulls me back, "Sammy, I ca-"

He interrupts me when he grabs my face, "wha- wha- what are you doing?"
He crashed his lips into mine and kisses me. I don't kiss him back so he parts from me, "I love you too, Lucy."

I run away as I start crying and back to the party. I push through the crowd of people to head out the front door. I hear someone start to shout my name across the room but I keep going. As I put hand on the door handle I feel a hand on my shoulder and I hear my name. I turn around to see Matt, who looks as though he just saw a ghost.

"Matthew, what's wrong?" I ask.
"I'm coming with you"

We rush out the door and we get in his car and drive away.

"Matt, what happened?"
"I don't know, you tell me first. Why were you running out?" he asks with a bit of sass to his voice.
"Sammy. We uh.. had a conversation. We finished a conversation I should say. I just needed to get away after it I guess.."
"Y/n.."
I sigh, "fine. Earlier today I almost said that I love him. But I was interrupted so he wanted me to continue the conversation and then he figured it out. And I can't deal with it right now. I messed up."
I see anger fill his expression, "are fucking kidding me, Lucy? I saw him smiling and shit and he said something happened with you but he said he couldn't say. So I figured you guys had sex or something so I punched him in the face and then he fell to the ground. So I kicked him a few times and I ran. I thought I was protecting you! What the fuck."

I can't believe he would do that for me.

"You did that? You wanted to protect me?
Matt sighs angrily, "yes Lucy. Just because Nate AND Sammy love you doesn't mean there wasn't someone who loved you first. In case you forgot. I understand you love them and not me, but that doesn't mean I don't love you. And when you love someone you don't want that someone getting hurt."
"Matt... I'm so sorry..." I say as I start to cry.

I'm so tired of crying. I want to be happy. I don't deserve to be happy. But I want to be.

"It's fine. I'm the one who's sorry, I shouldn't have said that. So I'm sorry. Sometimes I just wish I was the one you were cheating with, not Sammy. I know that isn't right of me. But I can't help it."

We sit in silence for a few minutes as we continue to drive.

"I'm bringing you home. You need to figure out your life."