Chapter 29. Weaving The Web.

A/N
Well Bangtannies, it's time to start getting serious now... welcome to the dark side.

"I suppose you heard all that?" Wonwoo asked with a smile as the young vampire entered the room.

"I don't know what you mean," Yugyeom answered, trying his hardest to school his features.

Wonwoo laughed and clapped the boy on the shoulder. "I'm sure you do," he said, releasing his light grip and went to pour himself another drink of whisky.

Yugyeom started busying himself tidying away the debris of the meeting. Piling plates, platters and glasses onto the large dining trolley that sat in the corner of the room. His eyes shifted briefly to the side noting Wonwoo sliding comfortably on to a chair, his long legs crossed at the ankles, sipping his drink as he watched the boy carefully. Deliberating whether or not to bring him into his confidences.
He was Hyunsik's son. Was he as sycophantic as his father? Maybe, having someone to influence the younger generation would be just what he needs.

"Tell me," Wonwoo's voice broke into the silence, and Yugyeom did his best not to jump at the sudden sound. The boy stopped what he was doing and turned to face the elder, a porcelain cup still in his hands, more to give him something to hold so the elder couldn't detect so easily just how nervous he really was.

"Yes?" Yugyeom asked, leaning back against the table in an attempt at nonchalance.

"Did it bother you? What you heard about the humans?" Wonwoo asked, his eyes pierced the young vampire's.

"Not really. I mean I hang out with them sometimes," he started to say, willing his heart to keep beating evenly as he faced the elder. "But on the whole? They're either for drinking or fucking," he told him with a slight shrug. "I don't much care. I'm a vampire."

"That you are!" Wonwoo chuckled softly. "But tell me, aren't you friends with them? One, maybe two in particular?"

Fuck! Yugyeom thinks. He keeps forgetting Wonwoo has spies everywhere. Though why he'd keep a particular eye on him was beyond him. I mean, he knows his father is somewhat a devout follower of Wonwoo's.

"Well," he said, huffing out a breath of air, his eyes fixed on the elder. "I was fucking one for a while, and of course the other one's no longer human now, is he?" he asked lowering his head to fight the smile on his lips.

Yugyeom looked up again to see a myriad of emotions flit across the elder's face. Malice, anger, fury, hatred and betrayal. All the good stuff was there, and try as he might, he couldn't quite hide it from the child Yugyeom was.

"Yes." Wonwoo cricked his jaw, when he realised the younger was talking about Kim Soekjin. How had he missed that? These brats were so good at hiding him from everyone. And with him being an official feeder, he didn't look too closely after Namjoon initiated the feeding relationship with the human. Little bastards were worth a watch. "He is a perfect addition to the ranks."

Yugyeom felt his lips twitch at the blatant lie. "Yeah, well he doesn't really count now, so." Again he shrugged and turned back to his task of loading the trolley.

"You really don't care a mere human has joined us?" Wonwoo continued to probe. His eyes roaming every part of the young vampires demeanour. Looking for what, he didn't know.

"He's not human, he's one of us, and anyway." He takes a breath and turns once again to look at him. "There's never been anything but loyalty from that Kim branch. As for Jin, he's always been open to what we are. Took to it like a duck to water."

"I see," Wonwoo says, studying him for a moment before asking his next question. "But you couldn't care if the rest were wiped clean away?"

Yugyeom rolled his eyes in another attempt at nonchalance. "I'd care having nothing to drink," he said and turned away, hiding the expression of shock on his face. His heart thudded dully in his chest.