Chapter 16. Bomb Shell.

To say the moment was awkward right now, would be more than an understatement.
The boys were nervous and wary, not having a clue what was about to be said, and their parents were anxious due to the fact that the information they were about to impart, could change things between their children forever.
Seulgi felt particularly bad, for she felt if it weren't for her insistence to a particular part, then this wouldn't be happening right now.

However, it was what it was and nothing could change that. Instead, she straightened her back, made eye contact with Ha Ri, who had been elected to impart the news, indicating she should start. But the beautiful witch bit her bottom lip and shook her head.

She couldn't.

She didn't know where, or how to start.

Seulgi smiled sympathetically and cleared her throat.

Jeon mess, so I guess it is up to me.

"Okay," Seulgi started, her gaze, calmer looking than she felt, encompassed all four boys. "You're bonded," she rushed the words a little, her heart beating hard against her breast bone.

The boys blinked comically in unison, confusion written all over their faces.

"Bonded?" Taehyung asked, his voice low and soft. "Bonded how?" his narrowed eyes flicked between his parents.

Seulgi sighed a little before speaking again. "You know how paranoid vampires are, how jealous and petty we can be?" she stated more than asked, and the boys nodded, wondering where this was going.

"It's called twining," Ha Ri offered, feeling a little more confident now, her eyes watching her son's face.
"Jungkook and Taehyung were twined when they were only a year old," she finished, biting her lip, her eyes flicked to the boys in question.

"Twined?" Taehyung asked. "What the hell does that mean? Mom?" he looked at his mother, who looked guiltily away.

"Wonwoo," Seulgi said, swallowing hard. "He was always worried about being betrayed, especially by the Kim family," she muttered softly, her eyes briefly flicked to HyunJoong, who nodded.

"He didn't want another war brought on by paranoia. There was enough bloodshed last time things got out of hand," she said and drew a breath, sitting forward in her seat, hands opened imploringly, seeking understanding.

"The Jeons and the Kims, were always the strongest of the vampire clans. And they were always killing, back stabbing, plotting the other's down fall-"

"No change there then," Jungkook hissed under his breath, and Taehyung rolled his eyes.

"Hush. Let mom talk," Jimin scolded, his eye brows furrowed in annoyance.

Seulgi smiled gratefully at her eldest son. "Although it calmed down a little over the centuries, the business world couldn't afford such losses, especially in these enlightened times? People can't just go missing. People notice, people ask questions," she stressed a little, her gaze flitting again between the boys.
"Anyway," she sighed softly, and looked over at Jennie and HyunJoong.

"Since your grand father couldn't force HyunJoong and Seulgi to marry, and ally the families, he devised another method that would ensure stability and harmony between them." Jennie stated matter of factly.

"You were supposed to marry HyunJoong?" Jungkook asked in a surprised tone, his dark eyes bright with wonder. Seulgi smiled a little at his expression.

"Mm, anyway, to ensure stability and prevent blood shed, your grandfather insisted on the twining spell. He chose you, Jungkook, and of course you, Taehyung," Seulgi said, looking apologetically at both boys, who spared each other incredulous glances.