4. Basement

(Y/N)'s pov:

The day was getting closer. The day we would return back to the human world. But I still couldn't find out any sort of clue that would clear my suspicions. Sneaking into the Chief's office, stealing stuff, I almost felt like a robber. But I couldn't help it when it comes to curiosity.

"It's tomorrow isn't it? We all separate our ways?" Elena asked as she was munching on her chips.

"Tomorrow? I thought it was after two days?" I asked in shock. No wonder my mind was too much distracted that I couldn't keep track of time.

"This shows how your slacking off (Y/N). You're acting weird lately." Ray said while shaking her head at me. I couldn't deny. It was a fact. What's more disappointing is that I couldn't share anything with them. Keeping it in was the worst feeling ever. Nevertheless, I thought maybe I would find peace in the human world.

We later talked about where we used to live, probably thinking of taking out time to meet each other in the human world. It was the first time we discussed something other than our present situation. It felt like a normal talk, an ordinary person would speak. Elena and I were from the same country, but she lived in Brisbane whereas I live in Melbourne. Much to our dismay Ray was from Vancouver. So it was quite impossible for all of us to meet together. But I remembered what our Chief said the previous day, when we barged into his office, pestering him with questions.

All the superhumans are connected with each other in some way or the other. You all are destined to be together.

You all will meet each other in the human world, only then will you be able to return to Neo City.

Does it make sense? I couldn't keep count of the number of superhumans in this place, but Chief insists that somehow we all will meet each other in the human world, if that would ever happen. And it would be within a month or two he says, making it even more impossible and difficult to believe. But it could be true. All the impossible happens in this place.

"Down to earth, (Y/N)?" Elena asked as she waved her hand in front of my face. I looked up at her who stood with a dissatisfied face. Ray had her hands folded, as she looked at me with narrow eyes.

"Coffee?" I grinned at them, and they both looked away with disgusted looks on their faces. Who wouldn't say yes to coffee? It was such a relief when I had some.

I pulled the band off my hair as I stepped out of our dorm, letting my hair fall freely. Although I didn't like it, I did the same after that day to show someone how I didn't care about their opinion.

___________________

The next day

There was a hustle in the corridors and dorms. We were all packing our important stuff in only a backpack which we were allowed to take along with us to the human world. I was stuffing in everything I could find, although there wasn't much space in it. We were supposed to gather in the main hall by 10, but we would leave only at twelve. And how do we leave? I had no idea about that. I still don't remember how I was bought here, neither do the other students. We only woke up in our dorms to find ourselves almost trapped in a place like this.

Once we all were done, we met Alex in the way and left for the main hall. On my way there I saw Dylan, talking to few people I could barely remember. He never talked to me after that day. Only thing he said was he would wait for my answer, but never pestered me about making it quick. For the best part, he wasn't like Alice. He was much more considerate. For a moment he caught my eyes and gave a small smile. I immediately turned my head pretending I didn't notice him. I didn't want to get into more troubles.