26. Worth

Third person's pov:

(Y/N) sat on the grass near the small lake as she was immersed in her own thoughts. The queen and her revenge was now erased from their lives. They finally found way through all those problems. They had no more threat to their lives. But why did she still feel burdened?

It was no doubt that she blamed herself for Yuta's condition. She couldn't believe what she had done. As someone who almost took away his life, she had no right to love him. Even though it was Yuta who pulled the trigger using her finger, she shouldn't have misunderstood her vision. That was the biggest mistake she had committed in her life.

As she was deep in thoughts, she felt the grass beside her move, indicating someone had arrived. She turned to look at Alex and Taeyoung who sat on her left and right side respectively. "Is he awake?" (Y/N) asked Taeyoung. The latter shook his head in denial as he immediately realized who she was asking for. They talked with her for a while, trying to cheer up her mood until Alex asked her a question which had not only been triggering him, but everyone else for a long time.

"Well.... Can I ask you something?" Alex asked and continued after receiving a nod from (Y/N). "Why did you load the gun first?"

That earned him a slap from Taeyoung on his back as he mouthed him to shut up. "I know right." (Y/N) spoke up after a little pause which made them both silent and a little embarrassed.

"I was crazy" she chuckled and looked at her feet as her knees were propped up to her chest. "You guys might not know but..... I had seen a vision long back, before returning to the human world was even a topic."

Alex choked on his spit and Taeyoung's eyes widened when they heard her. "What are you talking about?" Taeyoung asked clearly unaware of the fact.

"Do you remember the day I cut ties with Yuta, I had seen a vision back then only. It was the first time. Well you could say we broke up due to that vision. I saw everything back then. The war.. The queen returning... Me and Yuta having to point guns at each other... Almost everything." she said with a small sigh.

"But the fact that I heard a gunshot and right after that, I saw my body dropping to the ground made me believe that I was the one dying. How stupid I was!!" (Y/N) tried to blink back her tears. "Well it's not like it didn't happen.... My body just dropped to the ground after watching him dying. The vision wasn't clear enough as it was the first time I had it, so I couldn't spot any kind of wound on me. I thought I'd die anyway. I didn't even let Yuta know that I saw myself dying. Loading the gun was just to show him that I was ready to fire too, so that he doesn't feel something is suspicious. Afterall I thought no matter what, I'd only die. What's the difference between me and MR.X? We bot made the same mistake of misinterpretating our vision." she clutched her head tightly as the tears fell.

Alex and Taeyoung were in complete shock as they took in the information. The fact that both their friends knew about it all right from the start and even had to part ways for it was depressing. Above all they kept it a secret because they didn't want their friends to get stressed up.

"You both went through all of it for all these days while we were just enjoying our lives" Taeyoung said sarcastically as he looked at his feet too.

"It's not your fault. You just wanted to protect him. And you even did. The operation wouldn't have been successful without you!" Alex tried to cheer her up again but she still looked upset. Taeyoung and Alex looked at each other trying to think of a way to make her talk but someone's voice made them turn their heads.

"Hyung! Taeyoung Hyung!!" Jisung came running to them like a small chick. "Yuta Hyung woke up."

That was enough for both of them to jump and run to the infirmary but after noticing that (Y/N) didn't show any sign of movement, Taeyoung asked her. "Aren't you coming?"

She shook her head as a 'No' and asked them to go first. They all reluctantly left her alone as she sat there with a sad smile on her face, now that she knew Yuta woke up. She sat there alone for about fifteen minutes in deep thoughts. Her hands went behind her neck as she removed the necklace Yuta had put on her. She looked at it in her hands and closed her fist, knowing what she should do now.

"It's the place where we first met, isn't it?" The voice sent shivers through her spine as (Y/N) turned around and looked at the man in front of her. "I already knew it back then that we had some sort of connection." Yuta continued and looked around the place. It was the same place where Yuta had bumped into (Y/N) for the first time, when she heard his voice in her head.

(Y/N) stood up and dusted off her clothes as she completely turned around to face Yuta. "You aren't completely healed yet. You be should be in bed right now." she said in a low voice which made him chuckle and look at her.

"You finally proved that you are a doctor." he said with a mischievous smile but she remained calm and looked down. "Anyways..... I heard someone wanted to have kids with me?" Yuta asked, the smirk never leaving his face.

(Y/N)'s eyes widened when she heard that. "You were awake the whole time?" she asked in confusion. "Do you know how worried we all were because you didn't wake up even an hour after your surgery!!" she shouted at him. She talked to him two hours after his surgery, thinking he was still unconscious but the man was awake the whole time.

"Well that's not important. I heard you wanted to have kids with me." Yuta repeated again ignoring her question which made her go silent. He seemed to joke even at such situations. A slight tint of pink appeared on (Y/N)'s cheeks as she looked down trying to hide it away, without replying. There was a moment of silence between them.

"It's not your fault. I shot myself with your gun. That's it. Stop blaming yourself. You even saved me when I was in critical condition." he finally spoke up to convince her but she still seemed adamant on blaming herself. She slowly lifted her right hand which held the necklace Yuta gave her and extended her arm towards him. "Here..... Give it to someone who truly deserves it." (Y/N) said and immediately looked at her hand not able to look into his eyes. Yuta had a stern expression and stood at the same spot without moving which made (Y/N) slowly look back at him.

Yuta finally moved forward and it seemed like he was in an attempt to grab the necklace from her hand. But he went past her extended hand and walked closer to her, grabbing her cheeks, lifting her face a bit and pressed his lips onto hers. (Y/N)'s eyes widened after feeling the movement of his lips on hers as she tried to push him away but restrained herself from doing so as his body was so strong. Her right hand which held the necklace fell back to her side, as she let herself give in to the kiss.

Yuta slowly pulled away and rested his forehead on hers as they both took deeps breaths, his hand still holding her cheeks. "Did you think I wouldn't know?" he asked in a husky voice and (Y/N) directly looked into his eyes. It was an intimate moment with both of them standing so close to each other.

"I knew it back then that you saw yourself dying. And also the fact that you wanted to hide it from me. Remember? We could read each other's minds?" he smiled which made (Y/N) realize that Yuta was aware of it all right from the day she saw the vision. That meant he knew what he was doing all the time. When she worked out her mind to protect him at all cost, he did the same too to protect her. The only difference was, he won this time. Yuta's hands slowly travelled down to hers, which held the necklace as he took hold of it.

"No one deserves this better than you." he said as his hands now travelled back her neck and he put on the necklace on her again. "You hid it from me because you wanted to protect me. You saved my life by operating on me. Every decision you made was in favour of my life......Who else could be perfect for me?" Yuta poured out his heart when he said those words which brought tears to her eyes. "From now on, every moment in my life, I want to spend it with you. Will you do me the favour of spending the rest of your life with me?" he asked slowly and (Y/N) nodded eagerly as she let those tears fall again. He smiled took hold of her cheek again and leaned in for another kiss as (Y/N)'s hands travelled to the back of his neck. This very blissful moment determined their future.

________________________

(A/N)'s note:

*Cries in silence*

Tbh I don't really like happy endings lol.. ;)

The power couple are now together!!

If you have any kind of doubts regarding the storyline, feel free to ask me, I'll clear it
Coz it's sometimes difficult to remember and add in every detail 😅