21. The Prophecy

(Y/N)'s pov:

"Ahemm..... So the necklace was from Yuta. So you cherish him the most. So that means your back together. So..."

"Shut it, will you?" I cut off Elena's words as I controlled the urge to hit her. I was already flustered by what Yuta did few minutes back. I never expected him to act that way in front of everyone. The fact that he felt touched when I tried to protect the necklace was understandable, but he was never a person who would like to do skinships in public, neither do I like it. I felt bad for leaving him like that but how could I give in when we were so close to...... Death?

"I can't believe that you didn't let me or Ray know about it!! We're best friends after all!! Jason is dying behind there to pair up with me but I'm still here with you! You should be considerate enough." Elena scoffed as she pointed to a vexed Jason behind us who was paired with a pestering Alex. I looked back at Elena who had her face turned away from me, indicating she was angry.

"Okay.. Okay... Look. It's nothing like what you think. I seriously have no idea what got into him when he hugged me." I tried to reason with her, making sure I don't reveal anything.

"He still likes you then...... Wait!? Did you really end it on mutual basis?" Elena questioned which made me hold my breath. Not so soon. I thought. I knew one way or the other, the superhumans would get to know about the whole truth. But without knowing the prophecy, I didn't want to reveal it to them yet. Who knows if we all turn back and return to our homes in human world after knowing it?

"Uh-..... I know you're a curious one but....... Stop over thinking. I told you long back that I don't want to talk about this topic-" I trailed off when a bright light hit my face. I peeked through my fingers as I raised my hand to block the light falling on my face. It seemed like we were close enough to the exit as we walked closer towards the source of light.

But what appeared in front of my eyes caught my breath. It wasn't an exit but a huge space right in the middle of the cave. A bright light emitted out of the crystal sphere, supported by a stand, which was placed above a stone pillar. The exact scene I had seen in my vision. For some reason, I had a tingling feeling inside me. The Prophecy we should know is only few steps away.

Everyone had gathered in that area by now and there expressions were no different from mine. Without realizing, my hands started trembling. I somehow knew that the superhumans should be told about the whole truth after knowing the Prophecy.

"So..... We're finally here." said Doyoung as he took a step closer to view the crystal ball. With a small gasp, he moved backwards pointing at the sphere. "I can see something in it." he said as he looked towards Taeyoung. The latter walked forward and looked at it too, but with his expression, I could conclude that he was unable to understand it. Everyone tried to peek in and touch it, but it all proved in vain.

It was only when Yuta touched it, it gave a different blue colored glow. We were all surprised. But the fact that the scene going inside the crystal ball was still not viewable, confused us. That's when everyone turned and looked at me, along with Yuta. Must be a Yokai thing again. I thought. As if it was my cue, I went forward and slowly raised my hand to touch it too, making sure no one notices the trembling of my hands.

The even brighter glow emitting out of the crystal sphere made my eyes widened. A sudden flash of light followed by a slow sound filled the space. Yuta and I stepped back simultaneously. Right above the crystal sphere a big screen appeared, the blue glow bordering it. The scenes playing in it seemed somehow familiar to me.

That's when I realized, everything I read in Mr. X's diary was being played in front of me. How Queen Arachne turned out to be a Senior Ronen, how she despised the Yokais and wanted to become powerful, how she was brutally murdered by the superhumans on the words of Mr. X, and how the war surfaced. Shock and fear was seen on everyone's faces except mine and Yuta's. Most of them held their heads, not able to believe what they saw. By that time, a figure formed on the screen which I immediately recognized as Queen Arachne's. Just then we heard a deep voice of a women.

How ruthlessly I was killed! Without even getting the chance of explaining.

How do you expect me to stay unaffected after it?

I would end every Yokais in this world. Including the seventh pair... The last pair!

My eyes widened when I heard that sentence. The last pair? We were the final set of superhumans then? I looked over to Yuta in confusion and noticed he had the same expression too. Although it was just an information given through the crystal ball, the Queen seemed so real and scary as she was looking at every superhuman present here.

It's not over yet!
Right after two days, I'll come again. To celebrate my death day. To give sense to the Prophecy I made.

The eclipse that takes place once in 220 years will occur two days later. The same eclipse which occurred on my death day.

Before the eclipse ends, one of the Yokais will be dead. I'll make it happen that way!!

The superhumans will not be able to control their powers..... Because I'll be the one controlling them. Eventually, I'll end this superhuman race and rule over the Neo City and fulfill my dream!!

It was followed by an evil laughter which sent shivers through my spine. "Is this why..the chief sent us back to the human world?" I muttered to myself as I ran my finger through my hair. Frustration was clearly written over everyone's face.

"You both knew it all along, didn't you?" Taeyoung asked as he looked over at me and Yuta. I stood there unable to answer him.

"H-How did y-you-?"

"I found Yuta reading that diary." he cut me off. "I couldn't read it completely but I saw the name of its owner. So foolish of me I couldn't recognize it was Mr. X's name."

"You couldn't even do one thing properly? I asked you to make sure no one sees you reading that diary!!" I whispered to Yuta.

"It's not my fault that he is my roommate." Yuta shrugged and looked away making me curse at him.

"Why didn't you tell us?" Taeil spoke up this time. We both looked down at our feet, ashamed. "Don't tell me because you didn't want us to worry about it? How long are you planning on suffering all alone? Wait..... Is this why you both broke up? Just... How long have you both know it?" Taeil was sure an intelligent one. No wonder how he could comprehend it all at once.

Our silence was a yes to their question. Their eyes showed a mix of emotions. Fear and pity. The fact that their would be a war in the next two days was distressing. The light from the crystal ball slowly disappeared and beyond that we saw another pathway. The final path which leads to Neo City. And about entering it and facing our death, was something everyone should agree on.

______________________

(A/N)'s note:

So this is it..... The Prophecy.

I hope to release more chapters sooner and put an end to this story.

Lemme know if you like the story line :)