16. The Vision

This chapter runs back to the time in the superhuman world, precisely the day when Yuta and (Y/N) broke up.

Just for a reminder: Everything was going well untill this time and returning back to the human world wasn't even the topic of discussion.

Enjoy :)

____________________

Third person's pov:

Yuta sat there wondering how much more they have to practice. (Y/N) was doing perfectly well by now, there wasn't any need to rehearse. But still she insisted on doing so because they didn't have any other job to pass their time. She stood in the middle of the room practicing while Yuta was busy taking down her reports. She became strong enough that there wasn't a need to rush her to the infirmary like before.

Yuta stood up and walked towards her, raising her arm a little bit as she let out hot beams from her palm. She turned and looked at him, the beam disappearing soon after. "I was in the right position!" she whined and paused for a second. She later raised an eyebrow at him and asked "Are you finding reasons to touch me?"

"I don't need reasons to touch you" he said with a mischievous smile and he took few steps backwards, motioning her to continue. (Y/N) rolled her eyes and turned around to continue her practice. Her expression changed into a frown when she realized she wasn't able to emit hot beams from her palm anymore. She was confused but Yuta didn't seem to notice it. He now had his back faced to her, as he was going through his own report.

Yuta's head whipped towards (Y/N)'s direction when he heard a thud and a loud scream. His eyes widened as he rushed towards (Y/N), after he saw her body collapse to the floor, her hands clutching her head tightly. "(Y/N)!! Are you alright? What's wrong?" his voice was filled with worry and was loud enough for her to hear, but she seemed to be in a different dimension as she shut her eyes close, tears escaping through the corners. "Look at me." Yuta kept tapping her cheek to drive her attention towards him because the only thing he knew was that she was suffering through a lot of pain right now.

He excused himself to get some water for her and rushed back immediately. The room was filled with her constant screams and quick breaths. It took around five minutes for her to calm down as her head fell onto Yuta's chest, who was holding her, her hands falling to the floor eventually.

"Take deep breaths. You're alright." said Yuta as he carassed her hair slowly. "It was a vision... Wasn't it?" he asked few seconds later making sure she completely recovered from it. She gave a short, weak nod at his statement. He let (Y/N) take her time on recollecting what she saw and gathering courage to tell him.

After few minutes, she sat up without any energy left in her as she supported herself by holding onto him. "The queen.... She isn't dead."

It was enough to send shivers through Yuta's body. He knew it better than anyone else, that the sacrifices and distress caused was nothing which can be compensated. Just the word Queen was enough to ruin his mood. "W-What do you mean? What did you see. Tell me clearly." he stuttered. He didn't want to show his fear through his voice as he didn't want to make her condition worse, but he couldn't help it.

"The battle hasn't ended yet. Another battle will take place... Because the Queen is still alive. B-But the point is.... We fight among ourselves. The battle will be between superhumans." (Y/N) looked like she would pass out any second as she kept on breathing heavily, her tear stained face looking pale like the moon.

Yuta stared into nothing as his mind drifted off to dangerous thoughts. After all the efforts, they achieved nothing? Why did the Queen not show up immediately? What was left for them to do?