5. Regret

Third person's pov:

The Chief had sent a few people to look for (Y/N) as she was nowhere to be seen. They were all searching for her in the whole school, while she just stood in the Café, at a corner with no lights on. All she could think was where she can find the basement she had seen in her vision. Now that she thought about vision, it all made sense how she got a rare power. Probably because of Mr.X. He probably passed down to her what he had all along.

"What got you all hyper out there?" (Y/N) could hear a voice behind her as someone switched on the lights around her. She turned around to look at the face, which once used to bring a smile on her own face.

"It's true. Everything I saw. Whatever happened to us... It didn't go in vain." she said softly in a slow voice. Yuta just stood there, unsure of what to say next. Should he console her? Or should he just leave her like that? Their current situation supported the second option but he couldn't bring himself to do it.

"Stop thinking about it. We knew it already... There's no use stressing over it." he said, although the same thought triggered him a lot too. Why is it that everything should be hidden from them, when they were going to play a huge role in it?

"It's alright. You don't have to follow me everywhere now. We aren't in such kind of relation anymore. Just leave me alone. All I need is some time for myself." (Y/N) said. Those words hit him hard, that he regretted everything that had happened.

Just then, they heard a voice from the Cafeteria. Yuta immediately caught (Y/N)'s shoulders and pushed her behind the vending machine along with himself, her back facing the wall. She never knew it until now, that there was enough space behind the machine to fit two people. The door to the Café burst open revealing an irritated Alice.

"Why do I have to look for her? She isn't even seen anywhere!" Her voice was enough for (Y/N) and Yuta to recognize who she was, as they weren't able to see her. With the lights going off and the sound of the door closing, they concluded that it was safe now, at least to speak.

"What are you doing?" (Y/N) asked. She wasn't used to the close proximity they were in right now as it had been ages since they broke up.

"Trying to protect you of course." Yuta said as he looked down at her small figure. Although the lights were off, they could still see each others faces through the sunlight coming in from the windows.

"Don't you think I always end up getting stuck because of you?" she asked him to which he just let out a small laugh.

"What can I do? We happen to be destined." he said. His eyes were looking straight into hers and there was a moment of silence between them. Yuta took a deep breath, his eyes never leaving hers. "Do you regret it? Everything?" he asked, a hint of hope in his voice, which showed how desperate he was to hear an answer which he expected her to give.

(Y/N), on the other hand, was surprised at his question. Why did he have to ask it at such a time? Now that they are leaving this place for a good two months, they get an opportunity to live their lives to fullest out there. Why does he want to listen to an answer which would only disappoint him more?

"Yes." she said slowly but the silence helped him hear it clearly. She lowered her eyes whereas his eyes sparkled when he heard that word. But he didn't ask anything further, because he knew (Y/N) wasn't saying such an answer for his happiness. Finally (Y/N) looked up, a bold look taking over her sad expression. "But if such a situation arises again, I would choose to be in the same path I'm in right now."

That was enough to shatter Yuta's hopes. He let out a dry chuckle and looked away. "Of course you would." he said in a sarcastic tone. (Y/N) felt bad, but it was all she could do to help both of them move on. "What about you?..... Do you regret it?" Her voice was almost like a whisper. A shaky whisper showing her fear. She never wanted to ask it to him but somehow her inner self made her do it.