7. Job

(Y/N)'s pov:

"You look better sitting at that table with a doctor's uniform, than doing all this work." I could hear Amy's voice ringing from the other end of the Cafe. I simply smiled at her as I was busy cleaning the counter and getting ready for preparing drinks. It was early in the morning and there weren't any customers, so we both had a little talk. Amy was cleaning the tables but she was so immersed into my topic. "I mean.... Seriously. What made you think you can work here?"

Exactly. What made me think like that? I remember myself sitting at one of the tables near the window, which was my usual spot. Amy always used to keep that spot empty in case I come to the Cafe. And now, the situation has me working here as a staff. Sitting at home all day was even more tiring than working. Although I had enough money to live a peaceful life, I needed some sort of fun too, just to pass my time. Also reading the Diary gave me all the fears and shivers, I wanted to do something that would get my mind off of it. Not to mention, my dream part-time job was a barista.

Fortunately the owner of this Cafe was a well known man to me. I helped treat his mother and wife too, so he is more than grateful to me. He happily agreed for me to work here, without questioning. But unfortunately he is suffering from a heart disease and needs two operations. He would have probably thought that I would take up the job of doing it, or else why did he even let me work here in the first place? I wonder what would happen after I leave this place. It's been almost a week now, and I'm getting used to this job. I always fancied coffee and they let me have few free drinks which I don't mind. Also I have known Amy for so long, it feels like I'm with a friend who will help me out anytime.

Soon after, customers started coming in and once again I got busy with taking their orders. Two hours went by quickly and I felt too tired to stand. Amy brought two cups of latte and handed me one. "This is how I used to work every day, until you came in and decreased my work load." she said as she took a seat beside me near the counter.

I took a small sip from the cup. "I wish I had telekinetic power. I wouldn't have had to walk all the way around to pass drinks." I choked on my coffee when I heard her say that and spilled some coffee on my apron. She looked at me confused and took the cup from my hands. I muttered a small thanks to her and went to the restroom. Stop acting suspicious you idiot!! You have to get used to it. You can't let anyone know about you. I was mentally cursing myself for acting weird out there. After cleaning the stain on my apron, I left the restroom to find Amy already back at working. It must have been hard for her.

I went around the counter to take orders after noticing few people entering the Cafe. Something made me stop right in my tracks when my eyes met with the person entering. He looked surprised too but immediately smiled and walked towards me.

"We meet again." he said as he pulled the menu card towards him, after coming towards the counter and taking a seat in the barstool. I just stood there with my mouth agape. He looked up at me again and asked "Looks like you aren't happy to see me here?"

I snapped out of my thoughts and shook my head. "N-No it's not like that. I'm just shocked. I never imagined we would meet this soon." I said.

"Calm down. There are around 100 of us to gather together. It isn't easy and it'll take time. A lot of time, I suppose. Also this is my birthplace and I have lived here for years. Seems like you live here too. So that's probably why we met." he was explaining something I didn't ask for but I didn't want to be rude. I just nodded slightly.

"Are you a barista? No offense.... But I thought you would be something like a model or–"

"Are you making fun of me?" I was literally glaring at Dylan.

He just laughed it off and said "No seriously you are young enough and beautiful so I thought you would be doing something else."

"Who told you I'm young?" Now it was me trying to make this situation fun.

"Are you not? I'm 23 so you should probably be around 20 right?" he asked. The menu was till in his hands but he wasn't paying attention to it.

"Your 23 only?" I asked, my eyes widening slightly.

"Yes. Why? Are you older than me?" it was Dylan's turn to be surprised now. I just shrugged and turned around to look at the orders that came in. Not saying he looked old, but he surely didn't look like he was 23. I had no intention of revealing my age and thankfully he didn't push in for more information either. He placed his orders and we had a small talk for around twenty minutes.

"No but seriously..... Is this really your job?" he asked again. For a moment I felt embarrassed to work a part time job when I actually studied hard to become a doctor. Anyone who would look at me would think that I always used to be a barista. Duck that, I never cared about others opinions.

"I'm a doctor who is in leave, so I took up this job. No more questions, leave your seat, the customers are waiting." I said and he reluctantly walked out after paying, not forgetting to mention that he'd be here everyday. Honestly it was fun talking to him. The first time I laughed in a while after reading the diary.

The thought of the diary was enough to ruin my mood. Although I could gather most of the information I could, there were still many parts of it missing. It's like missing puzzle pieces. Once I find them all, the truth to it will be revealed. There was no mention of a prophecy in the diary and that was triggering me a lot. How am I supposed to find it? Is the prophecy hidden inside that Cave I saw in my vision? Does that crystal ball hold the truth of the prophecy? It stressed me a lot to think about all this stuff. Finally I found a superhuman in this world, but still I couldn't share anything with Dylan. If only it was Yuta..... I could have shared it with him. Because he knew everything that I knew and felt. Because he is the only one who can understand what I'm going through. If only that day could be lived again, we wouldn't have had such horrible futures. After all....... Mr.X wasn't really who he was.

________________________

(A/N)'s note:

Happiest bday to Winwinnie!! :))

I hope ya'll like this chapter.

Also I'm sry if the storyline isn't going well, Pls make sure to read the next part (It's not a chapter but a note which I want you all to read)

Thanks!!