17. Past

(A/N)'s note:

I know ya'll would be hella confused after the previous chapter

So this chapter is basically about..... The past..... Which would clear most of your doubts.

Also this chapter contains the content of Mr.X's diary.....
__________________

Third person's pov:

We were happy and confused at the same time. Being the only superhumans to have existed since centuries was a pride and joy for us. But the reason why we were selected was triggering. Nevertheless, we were excited to have acquired our powers.

Every superhuman, also know as Ronen, had at most two powers, me being one among them. I had the power of immortality and seeing visions, two of the rarest powers that could exist. The only superhumans to have all the powers were known as the Yokais. Although they didn't posses the rare powers. The male Yokai and the female Yokai were proud of themselves but were never arrogant about it. We had many books which gave us the knowledge about superhumans, how they originated and their powers. Their even existed a Senior Ronen who had at most five to six powers. At least that's what the book said.

But in our squad it was completely different. The person who was found out to be the Senior Ronen started showing of their power one by one. At first we thought it would reach to an end sooner, but the amount of powers they inherited never came to an end. There wasn't any other superhuman who had more than two powers indicating they could also be the Senior Ronen, so it was hard to believe that Lilith was really the Senior Ronen, who inherited all the powers, including even the rare ones which even the Yokais didn't possess.

As time went by, her arrogance and domination grew to a far extent. People started despising her for who she was. The Yokais had to admit they were done with her too. As a Senior Ronen, Lilith should have shown a better leadership quality but she was conceited. Anyone who went against her had to suffer. Although there was hatred among them, they found it better and safe to side with her. Lilith started forming a small army of her own with those feeble minded people and went against the Yokais and the rest of us, who still supported the right thing.

All she wanted was for us to accept her dominance. She wasn't a bad person from the start. As time passed by, she started feeling that Yokais weren't supposed to be treated the way they are, even though she was the one who was more powerful. She wanted Neo City to thrive, but not in the hands of the Yokais. She considered herself more responsible and suitable to take lead, even though the books stated the fact that the Yokais were made to rule over Neo City.

If it wasn't for her arrogance, I would have supported her in her decision too, but I knew that the future of Neo City wouldn't be in the right hands. Not soon after, the Ronens who sided with her, met the Yokais secretly asking for help. Lilith used to warn them that she would cause them harm, if they left her company. The Yokais were outraged when they heard about it and finally came to a conclusion that they would talk it out calmly.

Surprisingly Lilith accepted the offer and a small discussion was held. All the faults and queries were noted down and finally they came to a decision that everyone would be treated equally, so it doesn't matter who rules the place. The two Yokais willingly stepped down from their position of looking after Neo City and made every superhuman responsible of their duties. The final decision regarding the welfare of their town remains with everyone living in Neo City.

Although Lilith wasn't happy about giving up her chance to rule the Neo City, she was satisfied with the decision of the Yokais stepping down, so nonetheless she accepted. Few days passed by and everything seemed fine between the superhumans, they surprisingly got along well, until that day arrived. Being the only superhuman who could see visions, I was being looked up to informing them about any problem they would face.