20. Hug

Third person's pov:

After a solid fifteen minutes of discussion and arguments, they arrived at the conclusion that they would choose the path to the left. Because according to someone, the path at the right isn't always right. (Y/N) felt like punching that person, but due to the crowd she couldn't see them.

Taeyoung led the way into an even narrower path. It was too short that only two people could walk in at once. (Y/N) paired with Ray who was already by her side and they walked in together. Stones covered the whole path and branches erupted from the sides, that one could get a huge scratch by just brushing past through it. They were already short on flashlights by the time.

"I wish to get out of this place soon. It's so cramped!! And everyone is stinking." Ray made a disgusted face as she said it. (Y/N) chuckled at her comment as they all kept moving forward. Unfortunately (Y/N) had to come to a sudden halt as her scarf, which she had wrapped around her neck, got stuck into a branch and fell down.

She used her torchlight which had gotten dimmer by the second, to take her scarf from the ground. On picking it up, she noticed something shining on the ground but due to the continuous pushes and comments from the people behind her she had to ignore it and move on.

"Is the scarf alright?" Ray asked and (Y/N) looked at her in annoyance.

"Yes..... Yes.... I didn't expect you to care about my safety even though that bloody branch could have scratched my neck." (Y/N) muttered in a sarcastic tone as she rolled her eyes at Ray.

Again (Y/N) hit her head on the person in front of her as they all stopped once again. "What's the matter now?" Xiaojun cried as the boy was unable to walk further.

"Shit! It's a dead end." Taeyoung said as he ran his fingers through his hair. "Everyone!! Turn around and start walking in the opposite direction. We chose the wrong way." he shouted for everyone to hear him. The messaged was passed on to the ones at the end, who turned around and walked out of that path. It was exhausting for everyone but they were keen on reaching the Neo City.

Everyone started stepping out of the wrong path and waited for the others to gather too. Yuta, who was paired up with Mark, was among the first ones to come out. He watched the others coming out as well, when his eyes landed on (Y/N)'s. She didn't wrap her scarf around her neck properly which made him realize that she didn't wear the necklace he gave her on that day.

He somehow hoped she would treasure it for her life but the very fact that it was missing made him heartbroken. He couldn't blame her for it. What's the use of asking her to wear it when they weren't in a relationship? She might have left it at her home or it's probably in her backpack. That's what he thought to convince himself.

Once everyone came out they decided to take some rest as most of them dropped to the ground due to exhaustion. In an attempt to wrap her scarf around her neck, (Y/N) realized that something was missing. The necklace. She thought as she touched her bare neck. The necklace which Yuta gave her. The necklace which she had to treasure at all cost was now missing. She tried hard to think where she missed it, because she was sure she wore it from her home. She hadn't removed it since the day Yuta put it on for her.

Realization hit her as she remembered the sparkling thing on the ground when her scarf fell down. That's it. She had to get it back, because it was way more important for her. The fact that even though things weren't going well, Yuta still had the heart to give her the necklace, was something she should respect him for. She immediately got up and went towards the path they had previously entered.

"Where are you going?" Renjun asked as he noticed (Y/N).

"I missed something in there. I'm going to get it back." she said and without listening to anyone she ran inside. Most of them looked disappointed as they were about o leave in few minutes. Elena rushed after her to prevent any situation, in case her flashlight goes off. After looking around for some time, (Y/N) found the necklace right at the place her scarf landed. She was glad it was in the right shape as she wore it immediately.

"Did you really come back for this!?" Elena asked in disbelief as she catched up. "Who gave it to you?"

(Y/N) looked at the necklace for a second and replied. "Someone I cherish a lot." she then went out along with Elena on her side. It took about five minutes for them to get out after finding the necklace, so most of the superhuman were worried.

"I'll go check on them." Yuta said as he stepped forward after looking at his watch, looking concerned. That's when both the girls came out. It looked like the same scene as Yuta saw before when (Y/N) walked out. The only difference was that this time he caught a glimpse of the sparkling thing in her neck, which he realized, was the necklace he gave her. He couldn't believe that she had it with her all the time. The missing thing she referred to was the necklace. He couldn't believe that she rushed into that dark path alone to find it.

All emotions hit him at once as he walked forward in a fast pace towards (Y/N). She looked confused at why he was advancing towards her but the moment he placed his hand on the back of her head and pulled her into a hug, made her surprised. Her eyes widened at the contact.
(The GIF above would describe the scene perfectly.)

Elena who was beside (Y/N) was in shock and so were the others too.  Whispers erupted across the cave walls about their relationship. "I thought they broke up." Alex spoke up in confusion. Dylan looked away trying to hide his emotions, trying to look happy. Most of them looked happy thinking they were back together, as everyone supported the Yokai couple from the start except one. Alice's face was turning red from anger.

"What are you doing?" (Y/N) tried to push him away but he prevented her from doing so, by tightly hugging her. "You didn't have to do it. You didn't have to go back in for that necklace." said Yuta slowly making sure no one could hear it, but unfortunately Elena heard it all as she was standing beside them. She realized that the necklace was given to (Y/N) by Yuta. Everyone were still in confusion. After noticing the looks on their faces, (Y/N) pushed Yuta again, this time with more pressure.

Yuta moved back and looked into her eyes, seeking an answer in them. "I only got it back because you have to give it to someone else. Don't get the wrong idea." said (Y/N) as she looked away from him, unable to look into his eyes. "Let's go." (Y/N) led the way this time as she was eager to get out of the situation. Elena followed her closely behind and so did the others, leaving Yuta disappointed. Winwin went to him for comforting even though he was unaware of the situation.

Within no time they were all busy walking through the other path in the hope that it would lead to the Neo City. But who knew if that path might also turn out to be a dead end?

_____________________

(A/N)'s note:

Okay... Firstly
I'm really sorry!! The place I'm in right now has serious network problems, I can't even open wattpad.

I had this chapter written long back, but making that GIF took time

Anyways I hope your enjoying it
Lemme know in the comments if you do :)