19. The Cave

(Y/N)'s pov:

The hot air hit my face as I found myself standing right in the middle of a desert, with nothing but sand all around. Taeyoung somehow led us all the way here with the help of Kun. As far as I could see, I saw no sign of any cave or signboard, making me regret my decisions. I placed my hands on my knees, panting and breathing quickly. I never liked summers, and this trip was getting on my nerves. At the start of this so called adventure, we were all excited and determined, but now, I couldn't see even a speck of it in our faces.

"Don't give up this quick" Taeyoung said, who looked like he would pass out any moment. He had a map in his hand, which had only three spots in it: the signboard, a cave and an oasis, made by Jisung. It was just a cartoonic description. Although it wasn't of any use, Taeyoung still used it to please the younger one.

"Let's take a break" Dylan said as he flopped down on the sand and stretched his legs.

"We already took three breaks and we haven't even finished a mile." Alex exclaimed. He still had the strength to find the Cave, whereas we were all wishing to go back. The scorching heat was burning me up, I wondered if we would all die before reaching the superhuman world. I loosened the scarf around my neck as I felt suffocated.

We walked for few more miles until we were all exhausted completely. "I quit. I can't walk anymore" said Yangyang, as he rested his arm on something high. I looked over to what it was and was stunned for a moment.

"T-The signboard." Ray spoke up, something I was trying to say but the words wouldn't come out of my mouth. It was due to shock and probably exhaustion too. Everyone's eyes averted to where Ray was pointing. Yangyang stumbled as he took few steps back to get a better look at it. As expected, it was the two way signboard I had seen in my vision.

"Is it the same one you saw in your dream?" Alex asked, as he looked at me for confirmation, his fingers pointing towards the signboard. I slightly nodded at him. After few seconds of realization, my head snapped towards him "It's called a vision" I said, gritting my teeth, making it clear that I was annoyed. He smiled cheekily while he scratched the back of his head.

"So.... We walk towards the north now." Kun said, holding the compass in his hand and we followed his lead. After few minutes of dragging my legs forward bearing the weight of my body and the stress in my head, I finally looked up to see the cave, built perfectly high and wide. Cave Adena. I thought. Jaehyun ran to the side of the cave and came back after few seconds.

"This is a small cave. It's length is too short. And there's no way to get out from the opposite side..... I mean it's closed, there is only an entrance to this cave." he said while panting. So it was definitely a portal. If it can be seen only by superhumans, then it should lead to a place only superhumans can go to. So we move to a different spot once we enter the Cave. At least that's what I perceived.

Everyone seemed like they were in deep thoughts when my eyes found something. I walked closer to the cave and looked up. In huge letters, the word 'Cave Adena' was carved beautifully at the top of the entrance. Right beside the entrance was a short note, more like a description, which was carved out too. But the language was unknown to us. All we knew was to walk in, the consequences being a suspense for us.

"Let's go" Haechan said as he took a deep breath and entered first, the others following behind. Fortunately we had torch lights, emergency lights and lighters, which helped us view the path inside the cave which was completely dark. The cave was more like a dungeon. The path was narrow with sticks and branches erupting from the cave walls. One had to walk very cautiously.

"I can't breathe in here" Alice who had been coughing frequently since we entered the cave, spoke up.

"Die then!" I tried to stifle my laughter when I heard Alex say that. He put on a poker face when Alice stared at him. But honestly, she was right. Since the moment we entered the cave, it had been difficult to breathe. I felt even more suffocated and all I wished for, was to get out of here soon.

"Fasten your pace. The lights might go out soon." Taeyoung said and I felt myself being pushed to the front, as everyone squeezed into the narrow space to exit the cave. But much to our dismay, we couldn't find an exit. All we could see in front of us was a dark path leading to a bleak, dead end.

After walking few meters, we suddenly came to a halt. My head hit the back of Ray, who was in front of me as I realised everyone had stopped. I looked over others shoulders and stood there in shock. A dead end would be way better than a two way diversion. I thought.

In front of us was a biforked way. Everyone let out small cries of pain after reading the situation. It clearly meant we had to choose the right path with just a guess. The fact that we don't even know where the wrong path would lead us to was frustrating. An argument arose soon after within us, regarding which path we should go in. Whichever path it was, we all had to go together. But it didn't look like we would come at a conclusion. After hearing all the ranting, I thought....

Whichever path we choose, we have to reach the crystal ball......

In which the prophecy resides.

At any cost!!

________________________

(A/N)'s note:

It's been a long time!!

Sry for not updating sooner, I was quite busy the past few days. :(

I'm already writing the next chapter so it would be released within a day or two.

Thanks for waiting!! :))