25. Doctor

Third person's pov:

Taeil ran forward and pushed past everyone who were now surrounding Yuta's body and slumped down to his knees turning him around. Ray placed a hand on (Y/N)'s shoulder in a calming way, whereas she sat there in the same position in trauma. She made a mistake. A huge one in that. At least that's what she was thinking at the moment. If only I had been quick enough to kill myself. She thought.

Taeil worriedly grabbed Yuta's hand to check his pulse. A hint of hope showed in his expression as he checked Yuta's heartbeat. "H-He's breathing." he stuttered, unable to believe that he was still alive. "I can hear his heartbeat too."

(Y/N)'s eyes shot up in Yuta's direction as she crawled forward and checked for herself. Taeil was right. She could feel his pulse which made her come back to the reality.

"But the Queen...?" Dylan was confused as hell and so were the others. The chief looked perplexed too.

"She wanted to see one of the Yokais dying. Yuta got shot and fell to the ground which made her believe he was dead and she left right away. Without confirming his death." Ray tried to comprehend the situation and the rest nodded in acceptance.

"B-But he is alive. We need to do something." (Y/N) stuttered as she pushed back Yuta's hair and raised his eyebrow with her finger to open his eyes and check.

"Taeil Hyung!! Heal him quickly." Chenle asked eagerly in the hope that the elder one could do something.

"I don't think I can." Taeil replied and looked at Kun to confirm his doubt. "I can only heal wounds. I can't remove a bullet from his body. We need specialized treatment for that. I can't risk him with my powers."

A frown formed on everyone's faces when Taeil denied. It was evident that he feared he might end up killing the injured man. And removing a bullet from the body would require professionals to do it.

"I'll do it." (Y/N) finally spoke up, diverting all attention towards her. "I'll do the surgery." They knew that she was a doctor but the fact that she would be operating on the man who took his life instead of her made them hesitate. As a matter of fact, they saw her loading the gun first, before Yuta even placed his finger on the trigger. They had mixed emotions and thoughts about her.

"Right. You should do it." Dylan said, clearing the tension in the atmosphere.

"I would need the surgical instruments–" (Y/N) spoke up but was cut off by the Chief.

"We have everything. Don't worry. In case we need something, I'm sure Shotaro might help us." the Chief said looking at Shotaro who stood their dumbstruck. He specialized in weapon creation but the sight in front of him where he saw his Hyung lying pale and lifeless made him take the risk and he nodded shortly after.

"Taeyoung! Move him to the infirmary quickly." (Y/N) looked at the Senior Ronen who gave her a quick nod. "Elena... I need your help."

Yuta was quickly teleported to the infirmary and all the necessary arrangements before the operation was done. (Y/N) and Elena got ready for the operation as they entered the room. Taeil and Kun stood by their sides to assist during the surgery. (Y/N) took a look at Yuta's face which was pale. She promised herself that she would bring him back at all costs. After putting on the gloves she looked at the monitors around Yuta. "What about his vitals?" she asked as she looked at Kun.

"They are stable for now." Kum replied and gave her a confirming nod to start the surgery. "So.... Let's begin." Elena said and they all nodded at once.

(Y/N) took a deep breath and extended her hand towards Taeil. "Scalpel." she said and he handed it to her right after. With no delay, she cut through Yuta's chest smoothly, as blood gushed out all at once. "Suction, quick!" Elena said. They grabbed gauzes and tried their best to stop the bleeding.