6. Diary

(Y/N)'s pov:

All I could see was pitch black surrounding. Nothing was visible and it felt like I was floating in light air. The last thing I remember was stepping into that door in the main hall. What just happened? We weren't even prepared for this. Suddenly, I felt like the atmosphere around me went normal, and I started falling down at a high speed. Without realizing, I found myself landing on the ground, the view around me getting clearer by the second.

There were houses everywhere which seemed familiar. As for me I stood at the doorsteps of a house, my back facing the door. On looking around at the front area, I found my car parked under the shed. Realizing it was my house I was in, I immediately turned around to open the door, only to get shocked by a person standing there. I held my chest, trying to calm myself, as I slowing inspected the person in front of me. He stood by the door, not moving an inch, with his hand raised to knock on the door. As the Chief said, the human world is paused and I need to wait till everyone gets down here. He had a box of pizza in his other hand, which made me think if I ordered one before leaving this place.

Wait! What about the pizza? It should have been rotten by now. It was an advantage that the man wasn't conscious. I slowly opened the box and peeked in to find nothing inside. Was he going to prank me? I could have thrown a fit with him if he was able to reply, so I just went past him and opened my door.

The door closed behind me as I walked inside my house, which seemed so different. It had been around six months since I saw my home. The television was switched on and the water flowing from the tap in the kitchen sink was still. I suddenly remembered how I was washing dishes while watching TV and then the Chief came in. What happened after that was probably erased from our minds.

Just then I heard the door bell ring and a knock on the door. As if it was the cue, the TV started working and the water started flowing out too. It was too hard for me to run and switch off the TV and also turn off the tap, before running to the door. If it were for my powers, I wouldn't have had to move even a bit. It felt like a part of me was missing as I could no longer use my powers. For the first time I felt like I wanted it back. Like I wanted to go back.

I opened the door to reveal the pizza delivery man, standing there with a smile plastered on his face. I didn't feel like eating and it was past sunset in the human world. It seemed like I just had breakfast. Nevertheless I couldn't send him back. That's when it strikes me, that there was no pizza in the box.

"Where's the pizza?" I questioned him, with an angry look and the boy seemed scared for a second.

"It's in here ma'am." he said as he opened the box. What was astonishing to me was that there was a pizza inside the box. I had a lot of things going inside my head, I didn't want to add the mystery of pizza in it too.

"How much is it?" This time, I asked politely to the delivery man. He gave me a confused look and replied. "You already paid for it ma'am."

Well... It wasn't my fault to forget something after 6 months. I smiled awkwardly and took the box from him, bowing slightly and immediately closing the door. I placed the pizza on the coffee table and flopped onto the couch, after removing my backpack. The diary. It might contain all the answers to my questions. At least some clues, because it was written by Mr.X himself. As much as I wanted to read it, I wanted to get some rest too. Teleporting was a tough job and it got me dizzy. I ate two slices of the pizza and went to bed early, as I had to go to job the next day.

______________

Waking up was always too hard for me. I kept rolling on my bed for a good five minutes before reluctantly getting up. Everything felt different and I even considered not going to work today. I need money. I have to work to earn a living. That's how it works in human world.

I was waiting for the cars to pass through, before crossing the road and entering the hospital. I was greeted by warm smiles once I entered, which made me feel how much I missed them. It felt like I lost contact with them for few months. But it would soon change forever. My identity would be erased from human world.

"Good day, Dr. (Y/N)!!" a junior resident doctor chimed in. I gave him a huge smile.

"Good Day!" I said as I walked past him, making my way towards my room. On trying to enter, I found that the door was still locked.

"(Y/N)!!" I turned around to look at the nurse coming my way. "Guess how my blind date went." she asked with a huge grin plastered on her face. I gave her a disgusted look.

"I don't care. I always ship you with my cabin Ana, because you keep it clean. Now, why hasn't my cabin been opened yet? Where are the keys?" I asked her, leaning on the door frame.

"Keys? Probably with-.... Wait! I almost forgot. Why are you here?" she asked me with a mix of expressions I couldn't read. I raised an eyebrow at her. "To work of course?" I said.

She let out a sarcastic chuckle. "Are you kidding me? Your vacation holidays starts from today." she said, but the look on my face made her confused. "Didn't you apply for a leave?"

"Did I?" I asked.

"Of course you did! That's why they have closed your cabin. You need to take some pills, I swear." Ana was always like this.

I thought back to the day I left the human world. I had applied for a short vacation and after a lot of efforts, the chairman agreed to give me one. And unfortunately it had to start from today. What do I do? Should I cancel the leave or live my live with pleasure for the rest two months? Of course it was a paid leave, so I had a good source of income.

"Just go. Go and enjoy. I need some rest. You are bothering me." Ana was literally pushing me out of the hospital, and not to mention, she was too strong.

I made my way back to my home and flopped onto the couch. No work? To be honest I was excited to go to work. Its just a months leave. You can start working from the next month. I convinced myself. Through the corner of my eyes, I could see the backpack placed on the table. I slowly opened the zip and took out the diary. For some reason I knew it contained everything I wanted to know. It would take barely few hours to complete it but for some reason I was afraid. Afraid to know what was in it. Because now, it would just be me knowing every secret of the superhuman world. I wouldn't have anyone to share it with and I would probably have to carry that burden for two whole months. But it was triggering me a lot.

Not sure of how I was going to react, I opened the filthy looking diary and started reading the content in it. The first page as it said 'The diary of Mr. Xavier' itself gave me shivers. I turned to the next page as my eyes widened slightly.

I regret everything that happened......

If only I could live that day again, my next generations would have lived in peace.

It's.... All..... My fault.

_________________

(A/N)'s note:

So that's another update.
It's Yuta's bday everyone!! I'm proud to say that we both share good scorpio energy :))
Also Favorite MV is out and the whistle in it is blowing out my mind!!
Anyways let me know how u feel about the story in ur comments