A Cry in the Park - Part 29

The following day had them all full of excitement, for that day was the premiere.

   "Oh, I can't believe we're gonna go to real life movie premiere!" Linda was dancing about the hotel room.

   "It's not until tonight; what are we going to do until then?" asked Tina.

   "We're going to Tokyo Tower!" Louise informed them, carefully dropping to her knees to reach under the bed for her Kuchi Kopi bag. She'd chosen the Tower because that was where Koji and Yuki held a lot of interviews whenever they made a new movie, and because their famous 1973 photoshoot was done there.

   "Ooh, goin' up in a tower; I love it!" Linda was hanging up the outfits they were going to wear that evening, singing loudly. Gene was bouncing with excitement, stopping to catch himself in front of the mirror, and practising his wave.

   "I cannot wait to be photographed; this is what I was meant to do in my life!" he cried.

   "We'll all get photos on the red carpet," Bob assured them, "some just us, and if we can, some with Koji and Yuki, how does that sound, Louise? Louise?"

Louise was still on her knees by the bed.

   "Sounds good to me," she replied. Placing her hands on the floor, she put one foot on the ground, ignoring the sharp pain coursing through her lower back, and she slowly stood.

They had a very enjoyable morning at Tokyo Tower; the views were incredible. Louise had booked the tour, and they were currently on the observatory, listening to their guide while sipping their complimentary drinks. Louise, Gene, and Tina were looking out one of the many windows, before they headed to the top deck.

When they stepped into the room, it was quite literally breathtaking; the room appeared to be made out of diamonds, the ceiling was clear and jagged, and floor-to-ceiling windows lined the entire deck.

   "This is incredible!" Bob gasped.

When the tour was over, they got to wander freely about the deck. Louise liked the glass floor. Tina didn't.

   "Come on, everybody!" Linda got out the video camera, "everyone on the glass floor, and put your feet in!"

   "Uhhhh..."

   "Tina, it's not going to break," Bob assured her, taking her hand. They gathered together on the glass portion of the floor, arranging their feet in a circle.

   "Yeah, 'cause no one has ever done this before," Louise said under her breath. But, she allowed her mother to film them, and also dutifully posed for a photo in front of one of the windows.

They lunched in the Tokyo Tower cafe, which was pretty uneventful, until Gene ate a large spoonful of wasabi thinking it was guacamole. His screams could be heard for miles.

As they still had a few hours to spare, they explored the local area.

They were walking past Shiba Park, when Gene stopped.

   "Wait, I hear music!" he cried, running toward the sound.

   "Gene!" Bob adjusted Louise on his back and trudged after his son.

There was a group of people in the middle of the park, playing the drums, and a crowd had gathered to watch. Gene manoeuvred his way to the front, watching with glee. His family joined him, and they watched the talented drummers as they stepped in time with the beat, bopping their heads. Louise didn't get down from her spot on her dad's back; why would she? She had the best view.