Chapter 28: The Part Where He Kills You

GLaDOS was hurriedly explaining to Chell what the Cooperative Testing Initiative was. They were rapidly running out of time to do something, and GLaDOS had finally realized what Wheatly's surprise was.

With no warning, an aerial faith plate sprang out from a wall and rocketed them into a platform where Wheatly appeared on a screen, surrounded by crushers.

"Hello!" he said in a cheery voice. "This is the part where I kill you!" The crushers lifted up, but GLaDOS struck up a conversation. As she distracted Wheatly, Chell's mind raced. She looked behind the screen and saw a burst pipe. Conversion gel dropped from it, creating a portal space. The ground Chell was on was also a portal space. With almost superhuman speed, she shot both portals and popped out behind Wheatly.

He was a millisecond too slow. The crushers slammed the ground right as Chell appeared on the other side. The girl took off running down catwalks.

Deja-vû. You had to love it.

Chell certainly felt it as she plowed down the catwalks. GLaDOS directed her down corridors, and she narrowly dodged turrets and used her surroundings to advance. At one point, a tube of repulsion gel almost crushed her, but she ended up using the blue substance to get across a pit.

Panting, Chell slipped into an office complex. From here, she could get to Wheatly's chamber. She would take down this monster.