Chapter 6: A Taste of Blood

The tester was not pleased. This was not part of the plan. Emotions bubbled inside her. Curiosity. Conflict. Rage. She needed to stay in control. That was what she had told herself when the voices had started.

But now, it was the voices who told her to stay in control.

-------

Chell listened to the person who was watching her try to convince her to surrender in every oral way possible. The messages were sounding less monotone and more maniac.

She found more of the drawings and hidden places. She had started to really trust the artist. She hoped she would meet him one day.

She navigated through the ventilation system and pipe rooms, even having to portal across moving pistons. The ordeal was quite taxing.

Perhaps one of the worst parts was when she came across one of the "Rat Nests", as she had dubbed them. The floor was littered with bottles of medicine. Though she couldn't pronounce the name, she recognized it. An old friend had used to take it. He had taken it for mild cases of schizophrenia, but judging by the amount of bottles on the ground, this person had a serious mental condition. Had she been following the advice of an insane person?

She was relieved when she found an unmarked white door. Chell knew what it was. It would take her from this cold maze of pipes to the Aperture Science office complex. There, she would find more people. Hopefully, they would help her get out of this mess.