Chapter 10: Your Not a Very Good Person

Chell listened in horror as GLaDOS described how she had taken over the Aperture Science facility. She had killed many employees with neurotoxin and even more with the robots that sided with her. She had killed most of the surviving employees by testing them or working them to death.

Neurotoxin began spewing from vents, a timer counted down from five minutes, and the rocket turret reappeared. This robot was very homicidal.

However, Chell had a plan. She would remove the other three cores from the maniac and destroy them. She would do this by directing missiles through portals. It would be just like a test.

If the purple core had been a morale monitor, Chell wondered what the other cores were for, though she soon found out. The yellow one seemed constantly curious, her high feminine voice wondering about every single thing. Chell felt even worse destroying this one. The blue-eyed one simply drowned in about facts; it must have been an intelligence core. Finally she used a rocket to knock off the red one, which just growled at her. Rage, she decided. Why would a homicidal robot need something to make her angrier?

All the while, GLaDOS spat insults at the woman. She also claimed that destroying the cores weren't affecting her, but Chell could already see the affects.

Now she held the final personality core. She paused just a moment to study it. A rocket exploded next to her, sending her flying across the room. The core rolled to the incinerator. Chell struggled to get up, then she opened the trash disposal and grabbed the robot. Missiles exploding around her, neurotoxin weakening her, the time running out, Chell let the robot slip out of her hand and into the fire.

As she slid to the ground, the world ended around her.