Chapter 8: Art Therapy

Chell was flying. She had used a mass and velocity trick to fall from a high place and reach one of the turret's chamber. She had had to act fast; the androids had begun firing on her almost immediately.

This one looked up at her just in time to get knocked over by her hurtling form. She regained her footing and scanned the area. She could place portals behind some of them, but she'd have to get to the rest the way she got to this one.

Make moments later, she was standing in the last small room. From there, she could see a ledge. She placed a portal on the ground and jumped. And missed. The impact would have killed a normal person. Thank goodness for her shock absorbing knee implants.

She tried again, this time succeeding. After dispatching two more turrets, she continued on her way. Finally, she reached a bridge over a hanger. Vehicles upon vehicles decorated the ground beneath Chell, and then it met water. She stared in awe for a moment.

Suddenly she realized what the cylindrical chamber in front of her was. It was the Aperture Science Central Command Center! She increased her pace. This was what the artist had been leading her to. Of course, she had no problem with coming here, but were those signs for her or simply anyone who needed something with central? And if so, what would they need?

She ran in. Then froze. Her eyes moved up. And up and up. It was...