Chapter 14: The Lie

Chell shuffled along the dark catwalk with Wheatly, the name of her new robotic friend. She was almost scared, walking through this darkness, though Wheatly's ramblings lightened the mood.

Suddenly, she skidded to a stop in front of a red target laser. Something in her mind told her to never touch those red target lasers. A small, childlike voice called out to her. It wanted her help. Chell edged forward nervously to discover a small, white android.

Wheatly yelled at the poor thing. "Hello!" it nearly shouted, trying to get their help. Wheatly urged Chell onward. Chell wanted to tell the robot she would come back to help it, but as she turned around to do so, the thing was already out of sight.

Soon, they came to an open space. Something, rooted deep in Chell's mind, gave her shivers when she surveyed the space.

Thecakeisalie thecakeisalie thecakeisaLIE! Chell almost fell over from dizziness. There was something terribly wrong that had happened here. What had it been!?

They passed a large piece of white wreckage. Chell wondered what it could be. It gave her the heebies. Wheatly was talking again. He mentioned something about a "she". Chell had no idea what he was talking about.

They minutes a large staircase. A breaker room, or at least what looked like one, came into view. Finally, thought Chell. She was almost out.