CHAPTER 7: Keeping Busy

NINA

I know I might have had several drinks and am a bit tipsy at the moment, although I like to think of it as a liquid of courage. I am still aware of what I am doing. Sure he might turn me down and stop me but so far, he isn't and I can tell he wants to kiss me also.

Then once I get close enough, he stops me by placing his hands on my shoulders and suddenly I start feeling embarrassed but yet don't want him to know it affected me that way.

All of a sudden I started thinking that maybe he wasn't rejecting me and that he is most likely in a relationship already or even if it was rejection as the reason, I should have known better. He is after all soon to be the owner.

"I'm sorry." I start to apologize and begin to feel nauseous. So I start making my way through the sea of people to get some fresh air.

That's another stupid move I did - never had dinner before drinking.

Once I was outside I took in a few deep breaths and let them out as the cool breeze hit my face and I began feeling better. I think it's best I head home and grab something to eat on my way.

Right as I pull out my phone to start texting Mercedes to let her and Lance know I was heading home, I felt something being placed over me and quickly realized it was a jacket. When I turned to see who did it, I saw it was  Lelan.

"Come on, let me take you home." He offers.

"It's okay, I'm gonna call...." I began telling him but he stops me while I begin seeing the world around me spinning.

"I'm taking you home." He insists before helping me to his car that happens to be not too far away from the parking lot to the club  and helps me inside.

After we pull up to our apartments I began to wonder how he knew where I lived but then I remembered that he has access to our personal information and must have looked it up.

"Thanks for the jacket and for inviting my friends and I to hang out at the VIP section with your friends. " I tell him while removing his jacket and handing it to him.

"Of course. And Nina, about back at the club...." I stopped him before he could continue. I would just feel more embarrassed and that was the last thing I needed to add to the plate of emotions I was feeling right now.

I am extremely tired and real hungry. So I just stop him.

"There's no need to explain. I crossed the line and should have known better. We'll just pretend it never happened. We had fun hanging out and dancing." I smiled at him but he forced a small smile.

"Yeah." He says.

"Well, goodnight." I tell him and then as soon as I start to reach for the door, he stops me and gets out to walk around and open the door for me.

"I'll walk you to your door." He offers with a smile and I thank him while getting out and as we begin walking I start to feel my buzz fading a little more.

I quickly remind myself however, that he is my boss and the moment I guess has already gone anyways, so I should just not think anymore about what ALMOST happened.

Once we arrive in front of my door, I turn to look at him and thank him one last time and before I could say anything, I am confused a little at the look he is giving me right now.

He looks almost as though he is wanting to say something but yet doesn't want to? So instead of making any awkwardness happen between us right now, I just tell him 'goodnight.'

I lean back against the door after closing it behind me and almost feel like crying because I can't help but start to wonder, did he change his mind and want to kiss me just now? Did I blow it? Or would he just turn me down again?

My god, why the hell do I overthink things?! In fact, I am going to stop thinking like that from here on out.

                        <<<<<>>>>>

It has been a good few weeks since that one night at the club and I have tried real hard to forget about us wanting to kiss each other and it must have been mixed signals I was seeing because a week after that night, he started bringing random girls over to the hotel to take out on a date and do only god knows what afterwards in his room. Not to mention he has been avoiding me since that night.

I know I shouldn't care what he does or who he is with and oviously he isn't in a relationship. Either way, he is none of my business and it looks real obvious that the so called rumors are clearly not that. He sure does live up to his reputation.

I quickly shake the thoughts from my head as again, I should not care.

The Gay Pride Parade was just two in a half months away and Lance seemed to be a little short-handed with trying to get a venue for the 'After Party' he wanted to throw and since our place is real small, he suggested I try and help find a place along with a caterer and place to get decorations.

It sounds like two in a half months is plenty of time but for the type of parties he likes throwing, yeah, we may need to rent out an area the size of half a football field if not the full size of one.

I had originally thought about here, because his original venue outside of the city fell through and now he had no venue, but there's a big wedding reception that same day here, so, on the hunt I go. Although I think it'll be fun to do all of this anyways. There are plenty of places here and online I am sure to get decor from and the type of food he wants will be good and easy to find, but this is wedding season so, fingers-crossed.

Next chapter will be posted soon! :)