EPILOGUE: 4 Years Later

LELAN

Two years. It's been two years since things changed for the better and beyond what anybody could have ever expected.

After a year passed by, I couldn't hold back anymore and finally made one night the best night of Nina's life.....I asked her to marry me and she said yes.

Within less than a year after the proposal, we got married and now, she is eight months pregnant with our first child.

Ever since the first month of her pregnancy, I have been discovering more and more that pregnant women cravings are real and I have gotten to a place where I find myself waking up asking "I'll get it, what sounds good?"

Doesn't matter what time or what it is she needs, I'm going to be here for her.

I have already helped make up the baby's room and we both had decided that even though it was a boy, we wanted to still have neutral colors.

Just as any other soon-to-be-parent, I want what is best for our child. I want them to grow up with a better life than I did.

Our child will be raised with two parents that love each other and most importantly, love him as well as any other child that we may have in the future together.

Even though this might sound silly, I have found both Nina and I laughing and teasing about the future to each other when our kids have children and both Nina and I are living the typical cliche type scene where we are sitting on the back porch and drinking tea, watching the kids all play and laugh together. To me, that is a moment I can't wait for either.

Nina's father's business is doing great and is much better than ever after I not only gave him enough to stay afloat forever, but Nina has been doing a great job after she took over and the both of us have helped make the town better for everybody.

All the small businesses that were in jeopardy before with going out or eventually being forced to sell to others on the future, have been saved and will have no worries in the future neither.

Nina and I both decided to move back into her small town, building a dream Victorian cottage type house (Nina's dream home) and Trevon and Mercedes ended up marrying each other a year ago. Then Lance decided to live nearby us and happens to be our son's godfather.

Things couldn't be better. There's nothing more I could ask for neither. I already have so much and I know that things will only get better from here and I can't wait.

                           <<<<<>>>>>
NINA

Things are going a mile a minute but I honestly don't want anything to change or stop. I love the direction my life is going, at the moment and can't wait to see what comes next.

It's so funny but, just a few years ago, I didn't know what I wanted and then I met someone I never thought in a million years I would ever meet and here I am, married and pregnant with our first child, living in my hometown and still hanging out with the best of friends I have ever had.

There are many things that I am grateful for and know that there is more to come.

Tonight, my parents, Lance, Trevon, Mercedes, and I were going to have a great birthday dinner for Lelan as he has been working extra hard lately and just as of a few days ago, landed a great big deal with a brand new client.

He has been the greatest husband anyone could ever have and is going to be a great father as well.

Both of my parents have been great. They are more than estatic to hear about becoming grandparents and my father was able to retire early. Although it did take some time to have him adjust to the idea and even comes in to the shop every so often to make sure things are okay. I love it though. I love my family, both future and present and know that things can only get better from here on out.

Growing up I used to believe that if you planned things out accordingly, you could avoid a lot of random hiccups in life. Things that could affect your future badly. 

Luckily, I paid attention to little details like that in my life. Because even though there were things that happened along the way that made me question myself and the future, I am glad that they happened. I learned to accept them. Therefore, I learned to accept the random part of my life when I met Lelan.

I am in love for the first time and for the last time in my life.

                               The End

Thank you everybody for being on yet another journey with me with this story and all the others. I am truly grateful for the love and support along with the patience. ;) I wanted to let you all know that tomorrow, I will be posting the first chapter to my next story called 'The Alpha Games' this Friday. I will post on the Message Board later today (Wednesday) and hope you all like it. :);)