Positive Mindset

"We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark. The real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light."
-Plato

****

Nova's POV

I look around in awe, completely astonished by the view.
This place is so beautiful and different. I can't recall anything similar.
Tall buildings surround the main palace, and a group of armed women in red garments waits for us.
The King and his son step off the jet, followed by Bucky and me.
The guards salute the King and give us perplexed looks.
I look up, seeing vehicles passing over our heads in a net of elevated roads. "Brother!" A young girl rushes outside with a worried expression.
She must be the Princess. Or at least I think she is. I really don't know how social ranks work here.
"Shuri, everything is ok," T'Challa reassures her quickly.
They interchange a few words before T'Challa greets us. "Oh, yes! I was told about you two." She chirps, and I glance at Bucky.
I hesitate, "should I bow? I-"

Shuri laughs, shaking her head, "no, don't worry. We don't do that here."
"Oh, alright. I'm Agent Nova Murphy." I stretch out my hand, and she shakes it.
"Bucky Barnes." Bucky does the same, and Shuri gives us a reassuring smile.
"I'm sure you had a pretty rough day, so I made sure to prepare accommodation for the time you will spend here. I'll have you escorted to the city." T'Challa announces, and one of the guards steps out of her line, walking to us.
"Thank you, we appreciate your help and hospitality," I say, looking over at T'Chaka.

****

My attention gets lost in the skyline, and my mouth has barely closed since we arrived.
"This place is stunning," I mutter, keeping my forehead pressed against the huge window.
"Yeah... how does this thing work?" I look over at Bucky, finding him inspecting what looks like a remote. He's sitting on the sofa, his brow knitted together.
I walk over to him, still enjoying the view given from the two glass walls.
"What do you want to watch?" I ask, noticing the TV turning on.
My eyes widen, and Bucky chuckles. "Nothing, I just wanted to see it on." He walks over to the hologram, studying it curious.
"That's awesome." He states, looking at me with a smile.
He's like a child finding some cool tech toy. It's adorable.
I watch him stand up and walk towards the TV, poking the image with his fingers, distorting it. "Don't touch it, Bucky." I scold him, and he chuckles.

"This house it's really nice." I point out, looking around.
I feel like they tried to make it look as familiar as they could. Almost giving it a catalog look. But it's really cool.
"It feels like being in the sky." He mutters, looking at the windows.
"At least it's not flying," I say.
Bucky wanders back to the couch and stops in front of me, smirking. "You would love that, wouldn't you?" He wonders, and I shake my head, laughing.
"Not really. I like having my feet on steady ground too." I state, sitting on the couch and leaning back.
I thought Tony had nice stuff, but this couch is literally begging me to fall asleep on it.
"You're getting comfy, huh?" He scoffs, staring at me.
I close my eyes and nod, letting my head fall back, trying to relax.
"I need a bath." I groan.
I really don't want to get up, but I want to take off these clothes and scrub off the last two days.
"Yeah, I can smell you from here." He jeers, and I flip him off.
"Fuck off, Barnes," I scoff, still trying to find my will to move.
"I'd rather fuck you." He says in a husky voice, and my eyes snap open.

Suddenly my body reminds me how long it's been since the last time I felt his hands on me.
I hear him moving closer, and I look up at him, "I'm afraid I'm too tired for this," I sigh coyly.
Bucky grabs my chin, tilting my head up.
His thumb brushes on my lips, parting them apart, and he breathes in deeply, his chest puffing under his shirt.
My eyes move over him again, and he bends over me, pressing his lips to mine.
His hands sink in the cushion at the sides of my head, and he kneels on the couch.
I grab his face, pulling him in and moving my lips on his, desperate to feel him.
His knee rubs between my legs, making my stomach twist.