4.

BATSARI, KATSINA STATE

"Inna Fatu!" She ran to where her Mother was laid, falling on her knees.

"Afrah, your Mother has been diagnosed with a heart disease that needs operation right away but they don't have the facilities to do that, so we have to take her to the city of Katsina and to a private hospital for the surgery." Anti Saude explained with glossy eyes.

Afrah flew her hand to her mouth in shock. She was shocked by the sudden heart failure and even more shocked that she needs operation. But even more shocked when she remembered the operation is not free and therefore needs some bank cash for that . Her stomach fluttered at that.

"We don't have sufficient money for that Anti Saude." She said, like a hopeless person.

Anti Saude nodded wiping off the tear on her cheek. "Allah would help us Afrah, we depend solely on him."

They hurriedly started getting ready and they zoomed to the city of Katsina State.

Upon arriving to the hospital, They stormed into the hospital and Inna Fatu  was rushed on a stretcher to run run some tests on her. 30 minutes later, The Doctor came out of the Lab

"The patient has been diagnosed with Congestive heart failure. It is a symbol marked by weakness, edema and shortness of breath, due to the inability of the heart to circulate the blood adequately to the lungs and other tissues. We are lucky that the heart didn't just cease at the dime minute but now we are taking her to the OR for theater ASAP."

That explained the weakness her mother feels these days and the little shortness of breath she once had. Afrah got worried but Inna Fatu told her it's nothing and she even got angry when Afrah insisted they should go to the hospital

"Doctor, please start the theater. We will pay the money no matter how much it is. Please save her." Anti Saude spoke to the doctor trying to stop the tears from coming out, but all in vain

The Doctor nodded and turned to leave but a nurse came out of the OR

"Doctor, the patient wants to talk to her daughter and her friend."

The Doctor sighed knowing that is not allowed but looking at their agonized, fret plague, worried eyes, he decided to let them. He nodded and leaded to the operation room while Afrah and Anti Saude went in tow.

"Afrah,–" Inna Fatu whispered making quickly fall on her knees on the hospital tiles in front of her mother's bed.

Inna fatu weakly stretched her hand to Touch Afrah's face.  She wiped Afrah's tears in the process. "Make sure to take care of yourself even if am not around. The childishness and stubbornness should cease please Afrah. You are not a child but a young lady, so therefore, the time is coming. The time when so many people would lean on you, the time you will be called a wife and a Mother.."

Afrah parted her lips to speak but Inna Fatu stopped her. "Let me finish Afrah. This might be the last sentences I would utter so let me Spill. Don't ever stop seeking for knowledge no matter the situation. Be a person the society would the proud of, be a person the world would be proud to call it's bona-fide member. Lastly, promise me you won't try looking for my relatives or your Father's please." She intertwined her fingers with Afrah's and asked with gloomy eyes.

Why her Mother doesn't want to look for her relatives is always a mystery to her and whenever Afrah ask Inna Fatu about her parents, or her Father's relatives, Inna Fatu usually dismiss the topic and brush it off which clearly shows she hates talking about it.

"I promise Inna, I promise." She shook her head with assurance plastered on her face

Inna formed a smile and moved her gaze to Anti Saude who stood in tears "Saude thank you for everything. I really appreciate. I am thanking you for everything you did to us and I will continue to do so. But please promise me you will be with Afrah and stay by her side at all times. Be a Mother to her please!"