25.

MANILA, PHILIPPINES

A lady walked out of the Arrival lounge as she rolled her trolley. Her favorite Dark shades coating her eyes from the Rays of the Scorching sun.

Ladies and gentle men, This is Manila. Where the Sun is very very friendly to the Human skin!

Note the sacarsm.

"Welcome to Manila, Young Lady." A man spoke in his thick Filipino accent

"Who are you?" She asked with a furrowed expression

"That was a bit Rude you Know, Anyways I'm an Ally."

"Then what do you want, Ally?" She asked with a hint of mockery.

"Young Lady–"

"Sheila." She cut him off. "I'm Sheila."

Flashback

"Sheila, why do you have to Go to Manila? You can stay here. You're not perfectly okay remember?" Nawal and Their Mother tried cajoling her not to travel.

"Mum, Ya Nawal,  As you can see I'm okay now. And besides, I can help myself go for checkup there. This business is very important." Yes business. She told her Mother and brother that she's going for her makeup business. She told them that one of her friend who lives there hired her for a makeup event. Has she ever mentioned that She's a makeup artist? Well then, she's a makeup artist.

After a bit persuasion, they agreed. Not that if they don't agree would change anything. She decided to go with or without their agreement. 

She walked into her Father's sitting room and met him sitting on the Royal Sofa watching Aljazeera News. She squatted in front of him and greeted him. He answered without even looking at her, Talk less of adding a smile. Yes, for the past few months that was their relationship. Since After Ridwan canceled their marriage and they called her asking her the reason but she kept mum telling them she doesn't know, Since After then, he doesn't even look at her and only talks to her when needed.

"Baba, My flight is tomorrow. So–" She trailed off as he sent her a look she didn't like.

"So what? Why are you telling me then? Did you bother asking for my permission? Since my permission isn't relevant then why are you telling me now? And this shows that you made your final decision and....... if I'm important, then you aren't supposed to be telling me now."

Sheila's Mother, who walked into the sitting room Spoke. " Haba Alhaji. Why do you talk as if she isn't your daughter? Why do you keep treating her as if –"

He cut her off "As if what? I'm I a Father to her? Does she take me as that? Since After her problem with Ridwan I knew I lost My Sheila." His voice held utmost sadness but he tried hard to mask it off. Though they all noticed it. "I knew it..." He repeated, as his voice drops down

Sheila stood up hastily "Yes. This proves your change of attitude towards me. You changed because I couldn't Marry the prince, a Royal and a Dala. You changed because you can't get any promotion in title right? You changed because I Couldn't Marry Ridwan and grant your all time wish of becoming more richer. You changed because—" A loud resounding slap gave her mouth a halt. She only stood there, blinking multiple times, as her mouth trembled but did not dare a word more

Alhaji Saraki only shook his head, As her words Pierced his skull . His own daughter—his own Sheila is now something else, "Yes. I changed but not because of title. I changed after knowing what you did to your marriage and my Image. You tarnished my Reputation and you cheated the Royals. If not for they have good hearts,  you would have paid for you sins."