When we First Meet(Revised)

"Pinky ... don't ever forget me" I frowned my eyebrow "Never Hiko"

"Were bond by blood" A grip grabs my wrist pulling me the opposite direction "You're my sister for life" Hiko shouted out to me I do little to resist my mother's grasped "Generations upon generations and I'm the first to get fired from working at the" Mom tells dad. I just sit back cuddling my teddy in the carseat I wish I didn't need anymore. Dad looks back at me "Oh, honey don't worry! Daddy has you set up in an private school" The first day of school ... I composed myself at the door "Mother said first grade isn't that hard" I chuckle before opening the door. My eyes meet with a antique doll that I assumed to be my teacher. With her pale skin and piercing blue eyes she was a rare sight. "May I help you?" She ask I quickly look away shoving the note from the principal in front of me "Ah! Everyone this is Avi! Make her feel welcomed while I add her name to the charts" She looks to me and smiles "I'm Miss Manson by the way nice to meet you" It was obvious we could pick our own seats. Group of friends we're bunched together. One figure sat alone. I made my way to him, but before I could even take a step I felt my wrist being grabbed."Hey, new girl my name's Junko" There was something about her that sent chills up my spine. Maybe it was the hair bows she had tied in her hair. Two bears one white and one black. She had a wickedly charming smile... I remember thinking that she could start a war with one word. "It's Avi" I said pulling my hand back. "I know that stupid!" She said with a wicked laugh. Another girl approaches I assume her sister and says "Maybe we should leave her alone" Looking closer it was obvious the two were twins the only slight difference like hair color and slight freckles across one of their noses. Junko rolls her eyes at her sister before turning around and saying "I would stay away from Nagito" She comes in close whispering in my ear "He's bad luck"

Everyone in the room seemed to believe it. As I cross the desk several disheveled looks are tossed my way. Whispers of "Is she serious" and "There goes another one" are heard as I pass people. I refuse to believe it though. It hurt my heart that all of these people segregated him, avoided him as if he were a monster.

"Can I sit here?" I asked, trying not to sound nervous, but the truth was I was terrified. What if he rejects my friendly gesture? The boy glanced up from his book at me "Sit where you like, I don't own the school" He coldly said.I placed my bookbag on the back of the chair next to him just to have it fall to the floor "I'm Avi, Wait you probably knew that" I awkwardly laughed holding my hand out for him to shake."Nagito Komaeda nice to meet you" He said while his grey eyes looked me up and down and then back at his book never taking my hand.

At a loss for words I try to make small talk "What are you reading?" He closed his book and then ran his hands through his thick white hair "Does it matter?"
'Bad luck he's not Bad luck he's just rude' I stopped myself from making an abhor expression, but I still talked to him. All I could think about was talking to him. I sat next to him talking to him even though he barely said anything back. I visited him in the nurse's office. He started smiling a little when I spoke, and so I talked more. Cracking jokes doing everything in my power to entertain the boy ... just to see his smile. "Hey, Avi" Someone came up and grabbed my hand I was shocked to see it was Nagito. "Oh, hi" I smiled which he tried to return but failed.

"We are friends right" He asked staring at the ground. "Of course" I smile. He smiles before hugging me "I've never had a friend before!" I hug him back with a puzzled look on my face "Why?" I ask when we separate from each others brace. "I'm bad luck" he says in a soft tone. I looked at Nagito speechless. He had this drilled into his head. I give him a smile and said "Don't worry about it we'll be best friends forever"