You're my Hope (Revised)

Nagito was dead ... the love of my life was now just a body. Still breathing but there was no movement. I didn't train with Aoi anymore. I stayed in my room gripping a pillow my eyes always felt stiff from the tears. The wall entranced me even when people came and checked on me I couldn't take my eyes off the wall. Another knock I assumed it was just Togami he sometime came and stayed with me. He stayed with me for hours reading to me taking my mind off the blank wall. A man I didn't know stepped in when yelled come in.
"Naegi sent me for you" I stared at him a few minutes in complete shock, but I followed. They had a plan to save Nagito. A risky plan ... a plan I didn't want to go through with it. It made me feel guilty but I didn't want to be in Nagito's head. I don't want to know the truth of what he's thinking.
"Why me?" I asked and everyone paused in shock. I was the one sobbing every night and I didn't want to fix it. With everyone silence I gathered my thoughts. "I-I understand" I started to tear up I didn't know I could cry anymore. Kirigiri placed a hand on my shoulder and without a shred of concern spoke "I know this is difficult ... Byakuya already tried to go in your stead" She paused as Togami gave her a dirty look "but it needs to be someone they trust" Makoto spoke next with a kind smile "You'll be reunited" Aoi jumped up "Wait that means you'll leave!" She gripped my wrist "don't go" I pulled her into an embrace "I have to ... " A sudden determination lit inside me "I'm going to save him ... and I'm going to get answers!" Byakuya growled "You're not going to forgive him .. are you?" I paused ... no it would take a long time for me to actually forgive the boy. Before I could answer Byakuya pulled me into the room with Nagito's sleeping body. I watched as the boy breath shallow breaths. My focus was snapped back to the blonde when he lifted one of Nagito's hands ... Junko's hand. "This is insanity" He said waving the arm at me "This is dangerous ... you know that right" I nodded my eyes falling back to the pale boy. "This device isn't completely test either ... you'll be the test run" I sighed "Thank you for the concern, but I'm not backing out" I sent the rest of the day being trained for what I may come across. No one really new what was going to happen. The same day I gave all my friends a calm smile as they placed me in the container. Aoi and Byakuya had their eyebrows frowned. Aoi with her eyes locked on me a few tears sneaking out of her eyes. Byakuya didn't look away from the ground. Kyoko and Makoto didn't seem fazed. Kyoko isn't fazed by anything, but Makoto was always overly passionate. He had told me that morning that he wasn't afraid because he knew I could do it. That gave me the faith to smile through the sharp pain and then uncomfortable slumber.

I couldn't hear the beeping of my heart monitor anymore. I took note of my surroundings. I was in an auditorium I could hear children laughing the only light of the room was that of the monitor. The only person in the audience was a fluffy-haired Nagito. With quiet footsteps, I approached him. "Nagito?" I could feel the tears start to build. He didn't respond his eyes were just locked on the screen. I followed his gaze."This doesn't seem safe!' Young Nagito was always concerned about my stupid decisions. The young me laughed it off as usual "Oh come on it's perfectly safe. If you don't want to I'll go alone"I-I remember this! It was the first time you came to my house. I wanted to show off to you" I placed my hand on Nagito's. "I really shouldn't of let you" His voice was hollow. I laughed leaning a head on his shoulder "You did try to stop me" After a terrible accident and being barely missed by a trunk he helped me up. He bandaged my wounds and he made me feel safe again. Even though my mother wasn't there. Even though I had the worst headache of my eight-year-old life. "Don't take risk like that" Nagito scolded tears were in his eyes even though he wasn't the one pain. Confused I mumbled an apology. Nagito grabbed my hands determination in his eyes "No matter what we stick together, okay. I want to marry you someday" At the time I didn't understand marriage. I doubt any child my age did. Even though I had never seen a successful one I knew it meant forever. "I ... still want to be with you forever" My voice was choked I wanted nothing less than to stay strong. "You're not real" Nagito yanked himself away from me. "No matter how much I want you to be ... You're not her" "Nagito," I said softly taking his face in my hands "I'm here to get you" He turned back to the screen "She would never come for me" The screen died out to reveal a new scene. It was around eighth-grade summer and I had chugged a bunch of coffee to finish up an exam. As I was about to sip my third cup Nagito snatched it away "I think you've had enough" "Fine! then come dance with me my queen" I said sticking my hand out. "Oh and make a fool out of myself no way" Nagito smiled brightly rolling his eyes. "I'm only a fool for you, Nagito" I got down on my knees as a knight would "I pledge myself to you. My loyalty shall always be with you. I pledge that you'll be my first everything. I promise I'll protect you while you protest me" My voice was so Shakespearean it made me laugh. That Nagito lifted my head giving me a long kiss "You're the fairest knight I've ever seen" He matched my tone. "I can't live without you anymore" The tears broke through shocking Nagito. "I love you just come with me" I begged "If you have nothing else to believe ... believe in me" He was speechless "I'm so stupid" His voice was soft while he was taking me in his arms "I'd follow you to the ends of the earth. I was looking so desperately for hope. But you are my hope. You've always been my hope"