Always Protect (Revised)

For some reason on that summer day ... there was a cold chill. I closed my eyes feeling it wash my nervousness away replacing it with a sudden determination.
"Wow, I've never seen you so focused" I hear over my music. I shoot a glance at Nagito who hovered over me "I'm relaxing"
"Are you nervous?" He asked helping me up. "Are you?" I countered avoiding the question. He took a deep breathe "Too be honest" He took my hand and pulled me in the direction of his house "A little" After a short taxi ride a dark mansion filled my vision "What the hell!?!" I said I knew he had a lot of money, but I never knew he lived in a mansion.

"Yep, I live here" he smiled. I was still in shock as he pulled me to his house. Nagito pulled a key from his pocket."And you live here all alone" He unlocks the door avoiding my question. I imagine living in a big house with no but yourself. The house so empty and barren. Just cold walls to greet you when you get home. I wonder if it's any better than a drunk mom. He opened the door "It's not as bad as you think" he said opening the door for me. A color scheme of black and grays greeted me. It held a gloomy atmosphere. "Why so emo?" I laughed. "I hadn't got around to redecorating ... plus I spend all my time at your place" Everyday he was over at my house still he came home to this every night. Nagito led me to the kitchen "Do you want anything?" I shake my head checking my phone expecting it to be a text from Hiko, but instead my mother 'Don't come home tonight I'm having company' Use to the idea of strangers drinking in my house I let out a small sigh "I can't go home today" Nagito closes the refrigerator "Really? Why?" He peeks over my shoulder "Damn" I groan "Is it okay if I stay here?" He frowns his eyebrows handing me a bottle of water "I supposed ... isn't there anywhere else would rather go?" "Hannah is having that big party remember ... and Hiko lives a long ways away" Nagito laughs "Here it is then" His laugh get's rigged "Let me just clean up a bit" He runs up stairs. I follow quietly behind. Nagito room had lavender covers with frilly pillow cases. He struggled ripping paper off of a huge board in his room. Placing them in a trash bag. The word Hope in big letters were seen on many of them. I was confused as I tapped the door with my knuckles. He open the door and I pelted him with kisses. "Don't leave me alone for that long!" I whine clinging on to him. "It was only thirty seconds" I frowned "Your house is spooky" "Nah, you're just a baby" I pull the back of his neck pulling him in for another kiss this time deeper. Nagito grabbed my waist pulling me closer to him. He picks me up tired of bending down and walks me over to his desk where my legs stayed tied around his waist. We part lips gasping for air. The silence of blushed faces were interrupted by awkward chuckles. "I'm sorry" He says trying to back away from me but my legs stay wrapped around him like a cobra strangling my victim pulling him closer "What was that big poster board?" "It was a Bulletin Board" he said quietly giving up his struggle. I roll my eyes throwing my arms around his neck "Well what was that BuLlEtIn BoArD for" Nagito chuckled "Just money stuff" I could tell that was a lie but before I could confront him about it I was cut off by a clumsy kiss. He hungrily presses himself into me.. I feel his heat as it's too much. I pushed him away and gasped for air. He quickly apologizes backing away and waving his hands. I laugh it off "Damn Nagito what a horn dog!" He joins in with an awkward chuckle. He helps me off the desk guiding me back down stairs where we play a board game until dinner. Which was delivered to us by some chinese resteraunt I didn't know delivered "I wanted to cook for you ... but I'm terrible" I laugh "Thank you for sparing my stomach" We crack jokes which causes us to take an hour to eat our food. "Now what?" Nagito ask taking my cup and trash. I let out a sly chuckle walking over to him as he's washing the few dishes in the sink "We could finish what we started upstairs" Nagito stops mid action casting a shy look at me "What did we start up stairs?" I grumbled "You know ... Well maybe you don't" I hug him from behind tracing my fingers on his chest "Then maybe we can start something upstairs" He chokes dropping the class in his hands. I move away from him "Do you not want to?" Nagito turns to me wrapping his arms around my waist. He gives me two quick timid pecks "As much as I want to I can't" I frown my brows "Why?" "My luck cycle takes whatever is mine and if we ..." He slurred off not making eye contact. I rolled my eyes "That's a really stupid excuse" "It's not-" I cut him off "If you don't like me that way be a man and tell me" Nagito groans pulling my head to his chest "I just don't want to lose you" I took a deep sigh. He was always like this I don't know why I was surprised. He always goes on these rants about hope I mostly choose to ignore it. I can't deny that his mental state is lacking. I can't deny that person I love is obsessed with the theory of his luck. The worst thing is in my face everyday ... that I can't help him. I can only stay with him and protect him from others. As he clings to me I realize the real person he needs protection from is himself.