A CATCH UP WITH THE WITCH OF THE NORTH

"I'm a little bummed we don't get to see you thrown around the car again," George said as we entered a train car.

"Wow, thanks," I mumbled, plopping down on the seat by the window.

"It was kind of funny," Fred agreed, sitting down next to me.

"What's kind of funny?" The three of us turned to the door to see Glinda Baker standing there in all her glamorous glory, this time with a tan.

"Baker! Nice to see you being as nosy as ever," she walked in and sat herself next to George, shooting him a sly glare.

"I've got to get all caught up, apparently someone left Hogwarts for once," Glinda nodded her head toward me.

I hadn't even realized that, it had been so long since I had rode the train to and from the nine and three-quarters platform. She probably was in shock at just seeing me in the train compartment.

"I actually went to the Weasley's for Christmas," I replied, smiling.

"You're joking," her eyes went wide, and she uncrossed her arms to lean forward.

"He's not," George smirked.

"Well, it's about time you left that stupid castle for once, even if you had to hang out with these idiots."

"Hey, we're not that bad," Fred replied with mock offense, "Soot even got a Weasley jumper!"

"Oh God," she laughed, crushing her palm to her forehead. "Well, then I guess you don't need my gift."

"No!" I cried out suddenly. "I mean," I cleared my throat when I realized Fred and George were looking at me oddly, "You can still give it to me later..."

"Ah, if you insist," Glinda smiled.

"So how was Italy?" I asked, glancing over at her carry-on and wondering if she had any sweets.

"Oh, let me tell you," she said excitedly.

Glinda spent most of the train ride telling us about the crazy wizard community in Italy, and how many cute guys she managed to bump into down there. It was therapeutic listening to her talk about it while the landscape went by, and as the familiar stone outline of Hogwarts peaked out of the treeline I found myself actually excited to go back.

It was a little bittersweet to take my luggage and go back to the Hufflepuff dormitory, I was happy to return to what I considered my home--but it felt so much quieter than the Burrow.

There was a bit of bustle around though as students stumbled around with huge suitcases and fresh gifts.

"Soot! How was your Christmas?" Jeremy asked as I entered the dormitory.

"Very good," I smiled, throwing my luggage up onto my bed to unpack.

"I see you finally got out of Hogwarts," John commented.

"Yes, and how refreshing that was."

"I'll bet, I couldn't imagine staying here year-round and not getting tired of it."

"Right on, amazing you haven't gone crazy yet," Jeremy continued as the three of us quietly unpacked.

My owl twittered as I set her cage off to the side, and I let the door open for her to peep her head out. Bells was a bit shy, I knew she wouldn't hop out and cause a ruckus.

"Your owl's still basically a cat, I see," Jeremy commented.

"Of course," I mumbled, closing my wardrobe.

"Where did you go for Christmas, by the way?" He asked, turning around and looking at me while he ate some chocolates.

"Oh, to the Weasley's actually," I responded. I didn't see the harm in letting it be known. Plus..Fred and I were dating now, I would be round the Weasley's for every holiday they would have me now.